1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdxpress for the birds?? help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bender94, Oct 15, 2003.

1. bender94

bender94 Member

i shut down everything in msconfig
    i shut off antivirus
    i ran adaware
    im using win. xp and i have a hp 200i
    i succesfully made copies on dvdx latest version. but i really want to burn on one disc only.
    dvdxpress always says its a succesful burn but when i use it says wrong formatt or it still wants to load on my home dvd
    any suggestions

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Please explain the exact problem you are having with Express again as I'm a little confused.

3. bender94

bender94 Member

the program goes thru all the motions and at the end it says it successfully burned.
    but when i try to play it it doesnt seem to read it to play it.
    i also use dvd x copy that works fine.
    i just have a problem with xpress.
    i called dvd x copy tech
    (a 10,000.00 phone call)
    and i followed all their advice .
    ( listed in previous message.)but im just wasting blanks so far.
    whyyyy!!!!
    thanxs rick

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

First of all use an RW disc in future so you don't waste any more discs. What burning rom are you using? What discs have you been using? Try completely uninstalling Express and then re-installing it. Try again.

5. bender94

bender94 Member

im usin 200I hp burner
    im using optimun and maxell blanks

6. bender94

bender94 Member

im usin 200I hp burner
    im using optimun and maxell blanks
    am also just burning dvd+
    i had succesful burns witf dvd copy on both types of discs

7. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Have you uninstalled and re-installed Express? Try using DVD-RW disc also.

8. bender94

bender94 Member

yes i have uninstalled an reinstalled several times. every upgrade its recommended to uninstall.
    have you used xpress??
    do you turn on or off any prog. when using?
    is there anything different i should do from dvd copy?

9. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I use Express without problems. You may have a problem with a degraded aspi file. Go to this site and download the force aspi. This is perfectly safe to do and it may correct the problem:http://www.clonecd.net/aspi.htm
    When using express just make sure no other programme is running but you don't need to disable the firewall, etc.

10. bender94

bender94 Member

thanxs for the advise
    im at work right now ill try it this weekend and let you know

also i did some research my self and wanted a liitle more advice.
    i have a dvd reader that is not installed.
    i burn off hard drive . someone stated that when they installed a dvd drive their problem went away?
    2nd people seem to like version 2.52
    (older version)
    what do you think??

11. Discmania

Discmania Active member

It is more efficient to have a seperate DVD-Rom drive but this should not make any difference to the performance of Express. I prefer to have the latest versions of most things.

12. Ark74

Ark74 Member

In response to bender94, I have exactly the same problem. I am running xp and have a new lg gsa 4040b dvd-rom. I have had numerous problems since I put the drive in and have solved all but the dvdxpress one.This is frustrating because my friend also runs xp with the same burner and has no problem. I have now reformatted and reinstalled xp with the critical updates and my gforce tnt video card update. I installed norton ghost, Ontrack system suite,and dvdxpress and nothing else. The burn still did the same thing saying it was successful but just keeps hunting in the dvd player.I installed power dvd and when I try and play it it has the error code 89030000 and unknown format.I then tried the force aspi that another member sugested and it did show my aspi was not correct so I installed the version from the download. It now checked ok so I did another burn and still no change! I was using memorex -rw's and even tried a -r disc to make sure it wasn't that, resulting in a coaster.Bender94 does this sound like the identical problem. I did fail to mention that the dvd copies data ok and I even tried to copy an old dvd using nero and it worked fine. Before I reformatted I was having trouble making vcd's which with my old cd burner I had no problems.This may be contributed to a driver conflict with the old ezcd creator 5 drivers which I couldn't seem to remove. I have not tried it yet since I cleaned the drive.Sorry for the long story but I'm trying to give as much info on this as I can. I hope someone can shed some insight as to our problem.
    Thanks

13. bender94

bender94 Member

use a seperate dvd drive with your burner and use version 2.52
    it solved all my problems.
    2.52 seems to work great

14. Ark74

Ark74 Member

Thanks, I've put in 2.5.2 and it burnt fine.I've also been told that you can use 3.0.2 if you replace the vso.hwe.dll with the one from 2.5.2.There must be some conflicts with hardware because some friends run ver 3.0.2 and have the same burner with xp and have had no problems.After some more inquiries on the net it appears to be common with that version.
    Thanks again- feels good after all this time to have it work...

15. bender94

bender94 Member

what is vso.hwe.dll ???
    how do you do that

16. Ark74

Ark74 Member

vso.hwe.dll is basically the burning engine or driver for the program video files.It's located most likely in your c drive/program files/321 studio/xpress unless you installed it to a different drive. You probably took the default location as I described.If you now have 2.5.2 installed you can make a copy of it and uninstall the program, reinstall 3.0.2 and copy the file over it. It should ask you if you want to replace this and say yes. You could rename the dll file your replacing so it's still there if you need it but we already know it doesn't work anyway.If you search for the afterdawn thread on dvdxpress you will find lots of info on different members problems and solutions. It's very good.

17. matt_a_s

matt_a_s Member

bender94, have you ever had playback problems (after burning with dvd x copy) where your dvd-r movies would skip a lot during the middle and especially toward the end of the movie? This is a major issue that I'm going through at this point. I'm ripping with dvd shrink 3.0 beta 5 and burning with cloneDVD. I have a toshiba dvd-rom sd-r6012. I'm also using compusa dvd-r's. However, I haven't unchecked everything in msconfig as you have. But I also installed the force aspi. Do you or anybody else know why I'm having such issues? I'm thinking about using dvd x copy pro and dvd x copy platinum. I've been reading a lot of the threads from this website and have seen a lot of mix results of what's good to burn with as well as what media should be used. So, any suggestions?

18. bender94

bender94 Member

i use dvd +
    im not familiar with - dvds.
    i have been using 2.52 dvd xpress
    i shut off my anti virus and i have a seperate dvd rom.since these changes everything works great
    also i believe a seperate dvd rom saves wear and tear on your burner

19. shabbir

shabbir Member

In media player 6.4, it is playing VOB files for windows 2000. But I want to play .VOB files in media player 9 latest. Any one help me on this. In mdeia player 6.4, when i used codic that is (http://www.digital-digest.net/downloads/files/encode/VOB_Filters_104.zip), then it is working fine. But it is not working for media player 9. Any idea about this.

20. Ark74

Ark74 Member

My copies didn't play fine. I'm at a point now where I've tried everything I believe possible to get a good copy with xpress and I've just about given up. I have a separate drive for the burner with no other programs, it's as clean as you can get, I've tried 2.5.2, force aspi, shuting off the hardware acceleration for the vid card, no virus or any programs to interfere at all and I still can't get my dvd player to play them without some video breakup during the movie. I've got it to a point where power dvd will play it on the computer but my toshiba dvd just refuses to play it. Strange though how a friend can burn the same movies and they play fine. I think there is some sort of a hardware problem between my burner(LG-GSA 4040B) and my system. I'm going to replace it with another burner and if that doesn't work I guess I'll try a different brand all together. This LG has been a nightmare since I put it in.
    As far as codecs go get a copy of the Nimo Codec Pack, it will solve all your Media player 9 problems.