1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVP642 and MPEG2 Playing - Problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by amxhunter, Aug 24, 2004.

1. amxhunter

amxhunter Guest

Bought the 642 yesterday. I burned movie file to DVD with NERO to treat DVD as a Data Disk.

Put DVD into 642 and it "loaded" for about 30 seconds then said Playing on the display. However All i got was the Blue Phillips Screen.

I went in and made sure the Divx Menu was on. Restarted the player , and after many seconds the CD menu popped up showing the movie file. I selected it , but just got Blue screen again. After about 3 minutes the player ejected the disk itself.

Did I burn the DVD wrong ?

BTW its a 643/37

2. tontonel

tontonel Member

I'm Having about the same problem... Read the thread started 2 days ago by tontonel.
    As long as you can see the file on your tv, it should work. If the file is not recognized you get a question mark "?" where the file is.
    If it's playable you get a "mpeg4" sign or a microsoft windows logo sign for the .asf and the .wmv movies.
    Did you try to play the same dvd on your computer ? Did it work ?

3. amxhunter

amxhunter Guest

Tontonel,

I saw your 2 Posts and also Saw that Nobody had replied.

I have seen another poster on this list who said he was having success with MPEG to DVD, I think it was Quam or something like this.

4. camar068

camar068 Member

If your going straight dvd 2 dvd-r......use dvdshrink. Cant go wrong with that and it has its own burner built in.