1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVP642 upgrade gone wrong

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by chandupos, Mar 3, 2007.

1. chandupos

chandupos Member

Hello there,
    I did an upgrade for my DVP642/17 from "VER0113 642/17 02 1" to "VER0531". Everything went well except that the pciture had a few lines. I assumed it was beacuse of the PAL vs NTSC and changed it back to NTSC. That did not help.
    I read somewhere that the US 642 was the same as the British 630 and hence changed the version to a DVP630, inspite of my player being a 642. After I did this, My TV does not recognise the DVD player. The DVD player is directly connected to the TV. I am unable to revert back to the 642 since I cannot see anything on the screen. The DVD player itself seems to be working fine. I reloaded the 642 v 5.31 upgrade, but the TV still does not get any signal from the DVD player? Any suggestions? Do I dump my playeR?
    What do I do now?

2. Dethh

Dethh Member

Ahh man, the same thing happened to me, after the upgrade my tv says unsopported image.

So i went to the store and got a DVD-HD860 from samsung.. so far it plays everything, although the controller is of much better quality.