1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvr-105 w/dvr-104 firmware at purchase?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by capslock2, Aug 31, 2003.

1. capslock2

capslock2 Member

The dvr-105 came with a v130 firmware, but checker said i did not need firmware update. i finnally have 1.33 that the 105 should have. is it possible i could have the problems that pioneer has fixes available for on 103 and 104 models?

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. capslock2

capslock2 Member

Thanks for responding. I have followed your advice on other topics, and I have confidence in what you say. It is the rpc-1 and the cdinfo tool confirms. At first I had dvdx copy xpress which didn't work, which is where my quest begins. It's uninstalled along with nero, Roxio, windvd, reinstalled powerdvd4, sometimes forgetting to turn off the antivirus,but most of the time it is remembered, also. The hard drive is cleaned up with winoptimizer before each install (way too many now). Many coasters surround me from several different manufactors, including gq cd-r's, princo dvd-r,gq dvd-rw, some generic dvds,from the computerfaire, and all of the ones that came with pioneer. I could almost buy another dvr with the amount of money that is being invested in coasters. however, I refuse to give up. My next step is to redo one of my pullout drives and start from scratch, even using the software bundle, basic roxio 5, instant copy 4. hopefully then I can tackle the job of reinstalling dvdxpress 2.5 and then reinstalling 3.0-using the guide that so many people are probably using and actually make a dvd, awsome! Thanks again

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Imm not a fan of roxio, so might i suggest Record Now Deluxe as your burner of choice - there is a guide for it in my signature.

5. capslock2

capslock2 Member

ditto. nero keeps nawing at me, and from looking through this site at all of the different options for dvd recording, there is a good chance that dvdx copy xpress will not make a return trip to my hd. It must be tough trying to give advice with such limited info that is provided to you. Almost finished with a clean install. After the basic drivers are loaded and all of the exclamation points are eliminated (including windows updates, still skeptical but do it anyway), is there a certain sequence for loading nero,powerdvd,dvd authoring and shrinking freeware? And one last question, assumining all goes well, do you have any feedback or info on neoDVD? Anything I might have overlooked? It would be nice to get anything on a DVD-R, just to get some skeptics off my back. Also, any feedback on creatively putting coasters to use, whether artistically or otherwise. Thanks again!!

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Coasters can be used to build your very own leaning tower. I only have 2 coasters :-(

There is no real order needed installing software, try to have your hardware installed first. Instal ASPI layers if you dont have them. Use Ritek G04 as your DVD R

7. capslock2

capslock2 Member

Only 2 coasters, thats commendable! As unbelievable as it seems, I probably have close to 60 accumulated over the course of several years, 10 or so which were created yesterday and today! Hopefully the mistakes that are being made will benefit others in the future! I hoping that a few were reading errors, but we shall see. I will investigate aspi first, thanks. Take care.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hope you get it sorted. Yeah only two coasters, both were my fault and i was aware of the problem whilst burning.

9. capslock2

capslock2 Member

Whew, I feel better already.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

lol - Its nice to be sorted isnt it :)

11. capslock2

capslock2 Member

ahha, but what about bios flashingprobs. Back to square one with mine. It likes cd-rs, but will not look at a blank dvd. will update bios on asus a7k333. when i right click the dvr drive, go to properties, then autoplay everything shows up except for blank dvd. makes me wonder about xp, already have sp1 but maybe another download will help. also in the device manager under driver details there are cdrom,imapi,redbook,and storprop. should one of the others be the default, and/or would pioneer have an updated driver. maybe ill build a coaster house similiar to ones made with cards. have a good day

12. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Not sure whay that is. Have you got your ASPI layers installed? Also there is SP2 out for windows.

13. capslock2

capslock2 Member

what do you mean layers, 4.6 in system file, 2.01 in nero file, cdinfo tool was downloaded nest to neros info tool, the tool that checks on it says it there however since i have xp i may be using wrong 4.6 driver which did not say okay for xp specifically. will check with via/asus on updated 4n1s, also. no matter what happens i am learning alot

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I use 4.71, but i doubt thats your problem