1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR box as another hard drive?

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by Mr_Pink, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

I have the Motorola dct6412. Yes, I know how to record whatever is being broadcasted on the tv onto my PC. The guides and walk throughs here have been very helpful.

My question is, rather than capturing whatever is on the tv, is there a way to transfer previously recorded programs (whatever i have DVRed) onto my PC via a drag and drop? In other words, instead of sitting there and watching an entire episode of something--while it's being recorded on my pc--can't I just take whatever I have DVRed and drop it into my pc?

This guide here: http://replayguide.sourceforge.net/dct6412/index.html

tells you how to record whatever is playing on the TV at that moment. Like I said, I just want to take whatever is stored in my DVR list, and just transfer it to my pc. Think of it as moving one file from one PC hard drive to another. Is that possible? If so, how can it be done?

2. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Anyone?

3. jdieken

jdieken Member

Not sure about this. I have asked the same question with no answers. The only thing I have found out it that you have to recapture it. Inother word watch it again and then pull it to your pc. It comes over as a .ts file which won't burn to watchable DVD format. I have been looking for a way to take what I DVR and make a dvd copy out of it with out loosing too much quality (like converting it to mpeg2). If anyone has an idea please let us know.

4. jdieken

jdieken Member

try ConvertXtoDVD.

5. Mr_Pink

Mr_Pink Regular member

Yeah, you can't. Like you said, all you can do is just record whatever the DVR is showing onto your PC. It's still not a bad deal, but it could be a pain if you're trying to transfer a playoff baseball game.