1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVR108

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by bmiedecke, Feb 12, 2005.

1. bmiedecke

bmiedecke Member

I have bought a new Pioneer DVR 108 and its just not working. It works fine as a reader. Plays DVDs, reads CDs fine, but will not write. I have a pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256MB of RAM, plenty of spare hard drive space. The first program I used was Nero6 and the drive would commence writing at lead in then stop and lock the computer. I tried different software right up to reinstalling windows and different types of media. But even after that it always fails as soon as it writes. Just enough to turn every CD/DVD into a coaster! Pleas help 'cos I don't know what to do next.

2. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

This drive works well for me, but I have a newer computer, four times the RAM, and SATA. You definitely need more RAM for DVD burning.
    Anyway, make sure you do not have InCD, Drag to Disc, or any other packet writing software that can monopolize the burner. If any of these are present, uninstall and use a "cleaner (from that software website) to ensure adequate removal.
    Burn only when all nonessential processes have been terminated, such as screensavers, antivirus programs, etc., avoiding anything nonessential from ruuning in the background while you are trying to burn.
    This drive also performs better with 80 wire, 40 pin cable to MB. You probably have older 40 wire, 40 pin. However, this issue would result in slower performance, not total failure.