1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dxd x express write problem

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by falcon33, Oct 22, 2003.

1. falcon33

falcon33 Member

i just got dvd x express and tried to backup a dvd.
    it read the dvd then asked for a blank dvdr but it only copied the studio123 warning screen and not the film wasting a dvdr.
    can any1 tell me why.

2. campoli39

campoli39 Member

I wasted a lot of time using dvd x copy xpress and dvd x copy platinum both very expensive and both really bite hard. What I would STRONGLY suggest is that you get a refund if possible and then get yourself
    dvd shrink 3.0 beta 5, it's absolutely free. It requires a bit more work than xpress but it's worth it. You can download it at www.dvdshrink.org this software only gets the source dvd onto your hard drive then you must get a burning software I suggest nero 5.5.10 or nero 6, both very reliable. It may sound like alot of work but it is well worth it, you will get much better quality. If you decide to go with dvd shrink and nned a guide just type in dvd shrink guide in the search box of afterdawn and yuo will get alot of good info.

3. myhamster

myhamster Member

Hi,
    I used DVD-Xcopy xpress and it sucked. I don't know what is doing, caz it's so xpress. I popped in the DVD to copy (it's a dual layer dvd) and it read for about 1 hour, then ask me to put in a dvd r. I used a DVD+R. It wrote for like 25 minutes, then said it was sucessful. When I pop the copied dvd in the drive, the drive doesn't even recognize that there's a disc in there.

Can that happen? Can a bad burn make it not recognize a disc? Even thou it can burn data on the same type of disc and read from it?

Eric

4. pilot-3

pilot-3 Member

Falcon33,
    what version of the software are you useing?

If you just want the movie and not the extras
    go to ftp://products.321studios.com/ and look in 5595 I think and get v1.5.2 until thay get the latter version fixed.

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

X copy express is good for beginners and those that don't want the extra hassle of 2 programs. I started with Ver 2.5 that only copied the movie. Then upgraded to 3.0. Had lots of problems with 3.0. Now using 3.2.1 and it works great for complete full disk copy with menus and all. I also found a small program on this forum that removes the 321 screen easily (still in Beta form but worked for me on 2nd try). I also use DVDshrink and Nero 6 with great success. Biggest problem with coasters was a 25 pack of junk media that came with my HP burner for free. 15 out of 25 coasters with this junk called Khypermedia. Now use Ritek and Sony blanks

6. samuels

samuels Guest

quote] just got dvd x express and tried to backup a dvd.
    it read the dvd then asked for a blank dvdr but it only copied the studio123 warning screen and not the film wasting a dvdr.
    can any1 tell me why.
    [/quote]

what is your minimum O/S specs?
    sometimes you have to change your temp path...
    are you checking in options,etc,what version was it? the latest version to date has no bugs to my knowledge as yet *touch wood*i'm extremely happy with my xpress,it misses nothing,full menus,what ever is on my original DVD is backed up on my backup copy...nothing missed,

7. rainier

rainier Guest

I have found that Dvd xcopy xpress 2.5.1 works well for ripping and compressing in one step (6 to 8 minutes most movies) for movies under 2 hours. Then, after removing the "warning" with Ifoedit, I'll burn using Nero express 5 with data verification to make sure I got a good burn
    (a feature missing on Xpress). For longer movies, I seem to get better results (less pixelation) using the
    Dvd Decriptor + Dvd2one(constant compression) + Nero method.