1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E Drive Wont recognize blank DVD

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Candy1012, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Candy1012

Candy1012 Member

I've found quite a few threads here and tried to navigate through them but have honestly ended up lost. Im not a techy and would really appreciate some general guidelines and step by steps to try and figure out the issue! Please anyone with patience :)

Heres the issue. My E drive will not recognize a blank DVD. I can burn CDs and play all burnt DVDs and CDs. I've even burnt a video to a CD but have 100 blank DVDs and a bunch of movies I would like to clear from my PC but I cant get it to work. I first tried to burn them using Windows Media Player. It recognized the blank DVD but froze (Not Responding) when I started the burning process and havent been able to do anything since. I have tried simply to drag a movie to My Computer/ E: drive and it says "insert blank DVD". Again it WILL recognize CDs. I just downloaded a simple version of Nero- but same thing. Nothing will recognize these DVDs. Im using Maxell -R DVDs. Any suggestions please? :)

2. attar

attar Senior member

Download and run ImgBurn.
    Select 'Write files/folders to disk'.
    Drag a file or folder into the window.

The message at the bottom of the left pane indicates no disk present yet.
    On the right pane, under the 'Device' tab there is no information about the disk yet.
    [​IMG]

Insert a blank disk.
    The 'Ready' message should now show at the bottom of the left pane.
    On the right pane, under the 'Device' tab there should be information about the blank disk.

Of so, burn the disk.

[​IMG]