1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

e-xcuter 2

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by moffa, Mar 3, 2004.

1. moffa

moffa Member

Hi,
    I just modded by Xbox, and I was wondering how to use it to backup my originals. I am using the excuter2 chip and I tried putting in my burned copy of evoX but the Xbox wont read it.
    I understand this is a big noob question, but I have been struggling for 3 hours now.

2. bigcat

bigcat Guest

is your copy of evox on cd or dvd ? I find that if
    your dvd reader is thomson it does not like many cd's
    so I have the thomson and it reads dvd-r's fine but
    won't read many cd's . I have another one with a samsung dvd reader and it seams to read any disk I
    I feed it . So first I would make sure your copy is a
    dvd-r and that it works on another xbox if possible ?
    Does your modded box boot ??? Let me know you can find my email .

3. moffa

moffa Member

okay, I was using a CDR, that was the problem.

I tried backing up my copy of KillSwitch but dvd comes up as "unknown" and not "Game" (like the original).
    I used FlashFXP to copy the files to a folder on my computer, then I used Isocraxtion to make the ISO and used Nero to burn it.

Is there anything thing else I'm missing?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2004
  4. bigcat

bigcat Guest

well just a good blank dvd and a little luck . That should do it . I use a gui prg to make my iso's works
    great . make sure your gigabyte count is less than 4 and it should work ok . I find when I get near 4 or over it doesn't want to work ???
    goog luck

5. bigcat

bigcat Guest

I was going to ask you what mother board you had an if you had pictures I trying to mod a new one for a friend and am having trouble finding D0 on the top as well as the bottom . If you do you could e-mail me then
    be much appreaciated .
    thanks Bigcat

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2004
  6. HawgFan

HawgFan Member

moffa,
    If you are using Nero 6, then follow the steps in this link http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/nero6-files.php

Do not make an ISO file! Just drag whatever files you want to burn directly onto the disc (using the instructions in the link). Nero will do the rest!

I've used this method to make both the dashboard boot disc and back-ups for a couple of games. Hasn't failed yet.