1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC freedb database error (unable to get proper tags)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by VJbob, Mar 26, 2007.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I just installed EAC and LAME with the proper adapters on a new computer just as I had on my older computer, however, after inserting a cd in EAC and trying to access freedb to get proper cd info, I get the message "database error". I tried installing different versions of EAC and still the same error.

However there is no error when I do the same thing on my other computer so it can't be due to internet connection or firewall. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. djscoop

djscoop Active member

go to the freedb settings tab in EAC's configuration. You have to enter an email address in order to receive tags (can be any email address, doesn't have to be a real one). if thats not the trick, do you have any software firewalls (such as zonealarm or windows firewall) thats blocking from accessing the internet?

3. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

Thank you so much. That did it. Also if anyone can help I was wondering about the different 'perfect mp3' adapter settings. I was recommended in a guide to use "1" however I've been hearing a lot about other people using 'V0' or 'V1' which I assume was adapter #1. Is adapter #0 result in superior and larger mp3s? I'm no audiophile but I just upgraded my hard drive so I have considerably more space and was I figure I might as well ask. I noticed my bit rate usually averages around 160 and if that was normal. Thanks.