1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAC , Lame setup...I'm alittle confussed

Discussion in 'Audio' started by ragchick, Mar 24, 2002.

1. ragchick

ragchick Guest

I setup EAC fine (hit newbe button) but when i get to the part for external compressor it sets to Lame exe. then say use use recomended settings from (r3mix.net)or use standard Lame settings.

I set to use the recomended r3mix & hit next , in the command line options it says %l--alt-preset128%l%h--alt-preset standard%h%s . Why does it say so much ? is that the settings for the high & low quality ? also I read that the r3mix preset is outdated , I'm using the latest Lame do i need to get some other presets ?

If I set Lame to use standard Lame setting instead of r3mix , what is standard Lame ? the command line box is empty.

Sorry to ramble but my mind will be at ease if I just know answer to above.

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

The settings at www.r3mix.net are outdated.

In EAC you should not need to touch anything. "High quality" settings will give you VBR files around 200kbps (very good quality) and selecting "low quality" will enable ABR 128kbps files (suitable for portable players with little RAM).

3. ragchick

ragchick Guest

Thank alot !

I've been doing the rip & encode for awhile and all is fine....just for some reason it bug me not knowing so I finally had to ask.

I feel better now , once again Thanks