1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eagletronics software problem - NERO

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by pa104inf, Aug 10, 2004.

1. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I wanted to let everybody know about a problem I am having with eagletronics.com. They sold me a pirated version of NERO ULTRA. I am not kidding you. I verified that with AHEAD software. They have assigned an individual to investigate it as a pirate issue. After notifying eagletronics about the problem they promised to replace my copy of NERO. I sent the old disk and sleeve back to them after they promised to pay for return shipping. I have not heard from them for three weeks now and I will shortly reverse the charges on my credit card. Just to let everybody know, the problem occurred after I attempted to install an upgrade from NERO. They claimed it was a worn out ID number.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

The same exact thing happened to me with my copy of Nero from them. None of the serials would work and even the cheesy print job on the disc gave it away. I didn't get as far with Ahead as you did, they kept telling me the serials were valid even though none of them worked.

I kept up the e-mails with eagletronics letting them know of my suspicions and to their credit they were very cooperative with me and I actually got my money refunded.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/87577

3. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

A worn out number? That seems like a new low, even for them.

4. Nephilim

Any updates from Ahead? I'm dying to know what they say and whether they're going to do anything about it.

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

pa104inf

This problem seems to go on and on. I never even heard of Eagletronics until Nephilim posted his experience with them and then out of curiosity I went to their web site to check them out.

If you have an older copy of Nero including OEMs you can get an upgrade price ($49.95) which is about the same as the price that Eagleronics is selling theirs for.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2004
  6. Nephilim

If you look them up at various online ratings site they have more than a few complaints about selling other pirated material in addition to Nero.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    "And there we saw the giants ... And we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight." Numbers 13:33[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  7. Nephilim

8. pa104inf

pa104inf Regular member

I wanted to give everybody an update about my situation with Eagletronics and AHEAD Software (NERO ULTRA). First, I received an e-mail from AHEAD software that they haven't had any luck shutting down eagletronics but they are working on it. Second, after repeated e-mail and promises to send me a valid copy of NERO ULTRA (I retured the CD and sleeve to them) they are now claming they never sold me the software. I am in the process of reversing the charges on my credit card but unfortunately I will be out the money it cost me to ship the CD and sleeve back to them (return receipt). I am considering contacting the Attorney's General office in Florida and Pa to see if they will investigate them for selling pirated software.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2004
  9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

It's a damn shame these culprits can operate so freely without the fear of being prosecuted. It's about time someone started a thread to pass this info on. It might also be helpful to point to a decent alternative for those that want to purchase Nero.

10. Nephilim

Sheezus, I got off lucky. Sorry for your troubles amigo.

11. Nephilim

There are tons of old 5.5 discs out there so a fellow doesn't have one already he can pick one up for next to nothing and then upgrade at Ahead's website for $39 :)

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Couldn't have put it better, that's exactly what I did.

13. Nephilim

I tried that first but the weird thing was that when I tried to enter my 5.5 serial during order process it kept telling me it wasn't legit when it was. That's when I decided to try eagletronics :(

14. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Apparently Nero has a few bugs to iron out because their screw up caused you to have to put up with the crap you did. I three PCs and I've bought so many burners that if one copy of Nero didn't work I'd have just tried another.