1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EAH4870X2

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by victor14, May 10, 2009.

  1. victor14

    victor14 Regular member

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2007
    Messages:
    330
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    I currently have the ASUS EAH4870X2 graphics card and have been having problems with ASUS Smart Doctor. Many times when I play games such as FIFA09 or Crysis, it slows down the performance enormously. However, when I remove it, those high end games perform extremely well. I have heard that the hydravision software embedded inside ASUS Smart Doctor tends to cause this problem. Is this true and is there anything I can do to fix this?
     
  2. KillerBug

    KillerBug Active member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2006
    Messages:
    3,802
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    ATI's tool does most of the same things as SmartDoctor...and it does not bog down the system.
     
  3. victor14

    victor14 Regular member

    Joined:
    Aug 8, 2007
    Messages:
    330
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    26
    So if I install asus smart doctor, i have to uninstall ati right?
     
  4. KillerBug

    KillerBug Active member

    Joined:
    May 21, 2006
    Messages:
    3,802
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    66
    I think that Asus smart doctor runs on top of ati. I would uninstall both and do a fresh install of ATI catalyst.
     

Share This Page