1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest way to play backed up games....

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by CruzDavid, Feb 3, 2008.

1. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

I read around and it seemed that getting the m3(dont know what version is best but would like your input.)and microsd card is the easiest way.

But Can the m3 hook up to the computer so I can put the games on it or how would I be able to put the stuff on the sd card. I have a cell phone where I can possibly put the stuff on a regular sd card then put it into the m3(whichever version is best for regular sd cards.)

What I am basically asking is does anybody have any input on a easier way or if this is the easiest way.Thanks in advance getting a nds tonight and possibly be able to order during the week for the parts to start playing backups. Thanks again.

2. juniR

juniR Guest

M3 simply or R4 DS - get one of those with micro sd (not sdhc) get 1Gb or 2Gb (20 or 40 games on average).

You will get an memory adapter with the cartridge so you can easily usb it into your PC and then you just drag & drop the games onto the memory card prior to using it in the chosen cartridge.

You will get software that needs to be installed on the memory card in order for it to run but that will almost certainly be out of date and you will be able to get the latest update from the manufacturers site. I'm not sure but I think R4 are the best for latest updates. That's what I have and it's a breeze.

3. loubat

loubat Member

I'm also looking at getting an M3 for my DS Lite. Is there any obvious advantages of the M3 Real over the M3 Simply or vice versa?

4. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

Im hearing the r4 and m3 are basically the same thing. And r4 may be the better choice. Any opinions on that matter?

5. juniR

juniR Guest

M3 Simply and R4 DS are the same thing basically yeah - exact same features and operation etc. Not to be cofused with other M3 carts.

They are the simplest and most basic cart and prolly the most popular just cos they are relatiavely cheap and do what the majority are mainly happy with - which is play nds roms. They do other things as well of course but most aren't bothered about those extra features.

6. CruzDavid

CruzDavid Regular member

Guess ill be getting whatever one is cheaper.