1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easiest way to split an mpeg using windows xp

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by herbwest, Oct 17, 2002.

1. herbwest

herbwest Guest

I've got a 98 minute movie I'm aiming to burn as a VCD, but am having trouble finding a good program to split the mpeg with. In the future I will create them split, rather than trying to split them afterwords. Since I've already done it though........ I have found some programs that look easy enough to use, but none are for the XP operating system. Is there a good one out there I should use? Can I do it with programs I already have? I ripped the dvd with smart ripper, created the audio and video files with DVD2AVI, converted them to mpeg using TMPGEnc and will burn using Nero. Any and all advice is appreciated. I think I've gotten all the tricky stuff out of the way.

2. herbwest

herbwest Guest

Does DV-Tool v0.31 work with XP? It doesn't say that it does.
    thnx

3. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

yes dvtool works with win xp I split mpgs almost daily ....

4. herbwest

herbwest Guest

Excellent (rubs hands together)

Thanks

5. wonderboy

wonderboy Guest

your welcome thanks for giving me some thanks...

6. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Can anyone tell me if there is a better prog than DVtool to merge .vob files cause mine stick after i merge em and I cant play the .vobs file by file cause WinDVD wont be able to tell which audio its supposed to use??