1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy AVI MPEG to DVD help please!!!!!

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by krnxdanny, Aug 21, 2007.

1. krnxdanny

krnxdanny Member

I am currently trying to burn a movie using an AVI video file using Easy AVI MPEG to DVD but it keeps saying that the file is too big for the dvd. This is the first time it's messing up. Any ideas what is going on? Please help.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Not familiar with the program.

This one is new, free and up to date.
    FAVC converts, generates menu, burns - also has the option to insert subtitles.
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FAVC

3. Beth06

Beth06 Member

i need help using that favc program... i have a external dvd burner so if someoen can kinda help me out have NO clue how to use this and these files to burn as a disc...i use NTI cd and dvd burner

4. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming all files have been downloaded and installed.
    Run FAVC.
    Select the source video file,choose a destination and temporary files folder.
    Set DVD format (NTSC for North America, PAL for everywhere else).
    Select the other settings as indicated.
    Generate the DVD files.
    A short time later, a message indicates that you can exit the program.
    The conversion is taking place in the background (the running programs are on the taskbar) and may take some time.
    As conversion ends, the burning stage will be indicated by the ImgBurn screen appearing.
    Insert a blank DVD, select the burner and burn the disk.

There are other options, like menu creation and subtitles that are selected from the other tabs before conversion.

[​IMG]

5. Beth06

Beth06 Member

hi thanks for that explaniation :)

i installed the file,but,there was these folders with these names like imgburn,etc unless i have to install EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM in that exe folder..

lmk :)
    Thanks

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Not sure this can be answered..here goes..My cheap,but good 3140 Divx player started showing a black rectangle in the middle of the DVD while its playing.I took it in for a replacement but the new one does the same.
    I use convertx & winavi.Same problem useing either
    USE ritek Discs
    This problem has just recently showed up,I did not have this problem until I started useing Vista on this new computer.Is this a familiar problem to anybody
    Also I can turn the player off & min later turn back on & the movie plays fine till i hit next chapter,then the blk rectangls shows up

7. attar

attar Senior member

@Beth06
    There is no installation.None of the files get installed.Open the 'FAVC' folder and run 'FAVC.EXE' (the application).

8. Beth06

Beth06 Member

i did... so what i don't get is none of the files even while its "converting"in the background in that little box that says you can check "high quality"etc, are .vobs unless i'm blind and don't see it.
    i can try it again,show you what i mean and take a screenshot.

9. attar

attar Senior member

After clicking the 'generate' button, a popup message appears after a short delay.
    At that point, exit FAVC.
    The end result (with the ImgBurn button is checked)is that after conversion the ImgBurn screen will come up and wait for a disk and the start button to be pressed..
    The output folder should also contain something like 'DVD0' with the actual VOB files inside.
    The only thing causing them to be missing is if somehow the process was interrupted.
    Conversion can take some time.Expect the conversion period to be at least the running time of the movie.

[​IMG]

10. Beth06

Beth06 Member

well,there is a "title1"that is "mpeg media"file...which i thought should be a VOB file?

11. attar

attar Senior member

The destination folder should contain a 'DVD' folder that contains two sub folders named, 'VIDEO_TS' and 'AUDIO_TS'.

The 'DVD' folder will have a number appended - DVD0,DVD1,DVD2, etc corresponding to the last conversion completed.

The 'VIDEO_TS' folder contains vob,ifo and bup files.

Optionally (if you elected to keep the working files) there is a 'Working folder', which contains the files generated during the conversion of the AVI file.

If there is no DVD folder than something has gone wrong.

12. Beth06

Beth06 Member

i'm gonna try this conversion again and get back to you all cause i DO remember a audio and video_ts.

BUT,what i want to know is when you get ready to burn,you have to have the video and audio_ts & the "working folder"right?because i did choose not o keep the "working folder"but it still generated it...but that title0 was"0kb"so i don't know if that makes adifference or if you want me to make a screenshot of what i get.

should the QuEnc 0.72 pop up after the conversion thingy stops(the message that says it was emersed or wahtever)

OH and one more thing.
    i have a Mpeg Video.it won't convert it...any reasons to that and what i can do about that?

thanks...

Last edited: Sep 11, 2007
  13. edwardguo

edwardguo Guest

It is very easy to burn video to DVD. I use some programs. Nero is powerful to burn DVD. Ulead Video Story are good at authoring video and burn DVD. Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder is easy to use and powerful for begginer to edit video and burn DVD.

14. attar

attar Senior member

The output that you are looking for will be in the 'Destination DVD Folder'
    Inside that folder will be another folder which could be named 'DVD 0' or 'DVD 1' etc - the number being incremented each new conversion.

These folders contain the actual files that are to be burned to the disk.

The 'Temporary Files Folder' contains 'Working Folders' - one for each conversion.

'Working Files' are intermediate files that are generated by the various programs that are used during the conversion.
    These files are stored in the 'Working Folder';if you elect not to keep these files, they will be erased, however there will be one or two other files left in the 'Working Folder' after conversion.

During conversion, the running programs appear on the Task Bar, but they normally will not open up (unless you open them).
    At the end of conversion, these programs close.

You can add .avi to the end of an mpeg file so that it can be loaded for conversion.
    Example: 'myfile.mpg' renamed as 'myfile.mpg.avi'

15. Beth06

Beth06 Member

ok let me tell you whats happenned so far.
    i still elected NOT to keep the working folder BUT it still generated.
    i waited for the QuEnc 0.72 to convert and its on its 2nd pass encode.
    there are NO files still in the audio or video_ts.
    IN the working folder is a Mpeg Media File that is 2.90gb size,big enough for a video.
    i thought that was suppose to be converted to a VOB and not mpeg media?
    if you need a screenshot to show you everything let me know.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2007
  16. attar

attar Senior member

You are creating an .ISO disk image file (you have it checked) and a DVD folder.

In this case (if you look in the 'Destination' folder f:\video downloads, there should be an .iso file

ImgBurn can also burn this to disk, choose 'Mode' > 'Write' and load the .iso then click 'write'

You cannot elect not to keep a working folder - you can elect not to keep working files - a working folder is still created.

This is my 'Destination' folder showing the various DVD conversions.
    Note that DVD 5 has a corresponding .iso file.

[​IMG]

17. Beth06

Beth06 Member

so thats why it told me could not write to standard output.

so my destination folder needs to be in another place other than the same folder?
    see i have this burning onto a external HD.. so do i need to create another folder called "Favc output"like you did?

where should i put the temp file folder to go?

do i need to choose to say no on ISO creation?

and my chapter length?
    'like i've told people im' so stupid and clueless when it comes to this.
    (btw ther wasn't a iso file where you mentioned...and i went ahead and deleted the files since it won't do anything else so i'm gonna start over)

18. attar

attar Senior member

It makes no difference if the temporary and destination are the same folder - but it is less confusing.
    The point is that DVD 0 or DVD 1, etc is created at the end of it and there has to be files inside.

Uncheck the 'iso' button for now.

The chapters should be set for 5 minutes (it's how far ahead/back you go when you press the 'skip' button on the remote)

19. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Beth06..Congratulations,it looks like U have done it right.Just use image burn to burn your ISO File.
    If U want TS,VOB Files use ISO Buster to convert Your ISO
    Next time uncheck the ISO When U convert,this should give U your VIDEO_TS..Now don't FORGET when U Burn,open the Video_ts fOLDER & SELECT ALL & Drag them into your DVD Burning program

20. Beth06

Beth06 Member

Beth06..Congratulations,it looks like U have done it right.Just use image burn to burn your ISO File.

--Wait,so i have to use 2 different programs to make this DVD?

If U want TS,VOB Files use ISO Buster to convert Your ISO
    Next time uncheck the ISO When U convert,this should give U your VIDEO_TS..Now don't FORGET when U Burn,open the Video_ts fOLDER & SELECT ALL & Drag them into your DVD Burning program

so the destination folder is what i have to worry about,and not the temporary folder like it says on the program?
    what is ISO buster? i'm burning a movie called Georgia rule so why 5 min chapters?will that not stop and then play the next "file"?cause i don't want the movie to stop.

i'm gonna give this one mor shot and if this doesn't work i'm coming back(after this first q i asked before i burn anything)