1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebay registration email address

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by themusic, Mar 14, 2005.

1. themusic

themusic Member

does anyone know any sites i can register with that dont ask for my credit card details?

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Afterdawn does not ! -- It all depends what type of site you are looking to join . Ebay is a business -- and has to protect all people in it so its business does work -- still, there are some fraud and abuse ! But overall, it is not that bad if you are careful who you deal with. Done many transactions there myself and had one soso one out of maybe 50 or 60 !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  3. themusic

themusic Member

i think i mis put my post.

im wanting to register a ebay account but when i use my hotmail address it asks for credit card details etc. if you use an unpopular email address or whatever it is it just registers without the need for any detials like credit card

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Ebay Registration does not accept any thing less then a valid Credit Card or a Bank account details. -- Then does a verification and sends you a confirmation to login !

5. themusic

themusic Member

thats not true.

my housemate at uni uses there .lmu.ac.uk email address and it let them sign up without confirming any credit or bank details

its just addresses like hotmail.com/yahoo.com/gmail.com

that require them

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

~~themusic !!

It all depends on what type of an account you want Ebay to start up for you ! Am not here to enter in a discussion with you ~~ smiles ! You already know all the answers , it seemed like !Good luck in your transactions !

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2005
  7. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Ebay does not allow you to signup without using a valid email address from a site you pay to get that email address. For example...if you use a cox.net email address or aol.com email adddress...something you pay to get you don't need a credit card. If you use a freebee email address then yes they want a credit card so they know you are ligit.