1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Halen5150, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

Well;

....I ended up getting an Ultra V Series Psu off of ebay for a real good price; and now I'm questioning about their 'lifetime warranty'.

....I read a while ago that most companies won't grant you a warranty off of ebay...

....but when you go to Ultra's Website to register your product; it doesn't really ask for much except an invoice number of your purchase, where it was purchased, and the model number.

...so; I was thinking; wouldn't I still be able to receive the warranty if I just simply lied and told Ultra that I purchased the product from TigerDirect or Newegg or some retailer that sells it??? Or is that 'against the law' or something?? .lol...

...cuz I've heard of ppl doing this before, where they just lie about where they bought it......

...idk; whatta ya think?

2. SkyLynx

SkyLynx Member

I think that you bought the product quite legally and as long as the serial number of the product doesn't show it as having been stolen, then you are rightfully entitled to your warranty.

Just my opinion.

3. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i agree with SkyLynx also if you MUST have the invoice number or order number just send a msg to the seller and you can prob get this information, also if its been used perhaps the seller has already registered it for this warranty

4. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

@J0hnnyga

...thats the thing though; I bought it factory sealed....

...so theoretically; he shouldn't have already registered it; cuz it's brand new ....and also; I know for a fact that on the Ultra website; they don't ask for the UPC product code in order to register; but I was wondering; doooo you think I may need it??? Because the thing is; the seller cut a neat little square out of the box; right where the friggin' upc code should be......

...so I'm guessing he bought that thing for a wholesale price somewhere ur something; got a rebate off of it and used the upc code; then turned around and sold it on ebay for dirt cheap; still being able to make a profit.o_O...

P.S. Since I paid for the item with Paypal; where would I find the invoice # for that if I was not able to get an invoice from teh original seller?? Cuz; on the receipt; the only thing that I see which seems like a sort of 'invoice number' to me is the 'transaction id'....so would I use that number; or am I way off track??lol...

Oh yea; also; I was wondering--if I'm gonna lie about where I bought this product; which place do you think I should put down when registering as for 'where I bought it'? [I was thinking maybe-- TigerDirect]

Thanx for your help man;
    Halen5150

5. JAME5

JAME5 Member

i think you need to buy the product from an authorized dealing to receive the warranty, i could be wrong though... you should ask the seller for the original receipt and or invoice number before you try lieing.

6. Halen5150

Halen5150 Regular member

@JAME5

...so your saying that if I'm able to get the original receipt from the seller; I would then be able to legitimately sign up for their lifetime warranty and be eligible for RMA's and the like??

Thanx;
    Halen5150

7. JAME5

JAME5 Member

@Halen5150

as far as i know "YES". by the way, it has always worked for me and i buy and sell on eBay all the time!!! good luke.