1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebooks and R4

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by george17, Feb 19, 2007.

1. george17

george17 Guest

Hi there
    can anyone tell me how to get an E-book to work on the DS using the R4 ?
    Thanks

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

all i know is that the r4 can read .txt files. what ya do is go to the folder that has the file and press select, this'll show all the .txt files only. open it up with "a" and just read from there. select flips the view (portrait or lanscape style) and the face buttons [a,b,x,y] have some functions such as font size and color. start exits the .txt file.
    this is after you get the newest firmware [that supports .txt] for the r4 of course.

3. Ecko_Blue

Ecko_Blue Member

There is currently no pdf reader for the DS I can't imagine it being very difficult though. I mean, creating a small app to convert a pdf file like an eBook into many small jpg of gif files that could run easier than pdf on a DS.

Notice how long it takes to open a bloody pdf file on a normal computer, I can't imagine the lag it would put on a DS.

4. george17

george17 Guest

Hi XbusterZ

thanks for the comment.

I tried your ".txt" idea and it does work. BUT, I can open it with the "mutimedia" selection on the DS only. Not in the "games" selection as stated by the R4 website.

I also cannot get the text (font) size to adjust also.

Can you tell me how I need to set up the file (ebook) in the R4 ?

Many thanks to all your comments

5. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

hmmm...
    create a folder named TXTfiles or something to that effect("monkeybook" will do well. put it on the root of the sd. put some .txt files in it. select games fom main menu. go to the folder (monkeybook). press "a". nothing inside? press select. note: the top [title bar] now says ebook instead of games. now just choose a file and read. you may be prompted to make a bookmark save.text size is changed with b, color with x, vertical spacin with y, horizontal spacing with a. select changes position. d-pad to navigate. L/R is to save i think.

6. george17

george17 Guest

Hi XbusterZ

wonderful, got it to work as you described !

Many thanks

7. Drakna

Drakna Guest

Can any1 help me my ebook cant work with txt file i donno wat to do coz do i need a ebook reader ,if so where to get it and any1 who can help me plz reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(i need it)
    \|||/
    ''(O_O)''