1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EclPro and Procoder 3

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by Mickael80, May 9, 2009.

1. Mickael80

Mickael80 Member

Hello all,
    I have this little annoying problem. When I use Procoder 3(03.05.06.60) as the encoder to use in DVDRebuilder 1.28.2, every time it begins the encoding process and Procoder3 is just about to start up, EclPro prompts me twice (multiple encoder processes) asking me for Procoder.exe location and If i want to manually set encoding options.
    Is there a way for it to not ask me anymore and to remember Procoder 3's location?

Cheers. :)

2. dialysis1

dialysis1 Regular member

Have you tried reinstalling DVD-RB and going through the encoder configuration?

3. wildboy71

wildboy71 Member

If you're using Vista or Windows 7, you need to run EclPro as administrator. Go into folder where EclPro is installed (i.e. C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\EclPro for 32-bit OS or C:\Program Files (x86)\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\EclPro for 64-bit OS) and right-click on EclPro.exe, click on "Compatibility" tab, and put check mark next to "run this program as an administrator"

4. oldy99

oldy99 Member

the only thing which solved the problem for me has been going to :
    C:\Program Files\DVD-RB PRO\Encoders\EclPro\EclPro.ini,
    (right-click "Edit") and there, in [Options] - printing the exact path
    to Procoder 3 i.e. :

Procoder=C:\Program Files\Grass Valley\ProCoder 3\Procoder3.exe

otherwise believe you're going to have this forever, -

behave and survive!

5. Mickael80

Mickael80 Member

I was able to correct the issue by deleting everything in EclPro.ini, then saving it. I then started EclPro, as soon as it started it automatically filled the EclPro.ini with the correct paths.

Works perfect now.

6. blackbat

blackbat Member

hello, i am currently in a similar situation as the original poster.. i thought to ask here so not to start a brand new thread.

i followed oldy99's advice and was surprised to see the encoding process work! however, that was short lived. about 2-3 minutes in my computer crashed, gave a blue screen stating it was dumping physical memory and shutdown/rebooted after a short time. this has happened the few times that i have tried to rerun it.

currently running windows 7 RC, DVD Rebuilder Prof. Ed. v1.28.2, and Procoder 3.

i made the switch to procoder because i couldn't find a way to cce in win7...any ideas on what to try?