1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECS KA3-MVP Motherboard Help!!

Discussion in 'Building a new PC' started by Valwens23, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Valwens23

Valwens23 Member

I running as follows this case that I built:

am2 x2 3800 overclocked to 2125mhz
    ka3 mvp motherboard
    4gb ram ddr 667
    radeon 256mb 1800xt overclocked pci-e card
    250gb and 320gb Sata II hard drives

I'm having two problems though. I hope someone can help me.

1. I wanted to see how far I could go with overclocking the board but for some reason it won't let me go past the 1.30 volt barrier with the 3800
    Has anyone had any luck with this?
    2. Because of the frustration, I purchased recently an Am2 x2 5000 black edition cpu. I'm afraid to just pop it in to cause it to go to the dredded "blue screen of death" or flash the bios to having it not work properly.
    If this is a justified reason can anyone who has flashed on this board tell me that there will be no problems with the cpu or the bios and just relax and just do it!!

2. silk42

silk42 Regular member

Your RAM could be the reason that you can't overclock any further. Some brands are better than others when it comes to overclocking.

As for the BIOS, I don't have any experience with that particular motherboard, but I've never had a problem in the past with other motherboards. Just make sure that you follow the steps.

3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

See my response in the other thread for info. Do not post threads in all bold text.