1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing an MPEG4 file?

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by MadCraiZ, Sep 30, 2004.

1. MadCraiZ

MadCraiZ Member

I have an AIT All-In-Wonder that I use as as A PVR. It has an option to record in an MPEG4 format, which seems to have a better display quality than the MPEG2 and WMA. The problem is that I don't know what codec the MPEG4 uses.

I like to keep some shows backed up so I want to be able to edit the video (basically remove all the commercials) befor putting it on my removable drive. The only problem is that when I try to open the video using Windows Movie Maker 2 (which is supposed to be able to download codecs on the fly) or Pinnacle Studio 8 (which came with the vid card) neither of them can't find a useable codec. I can view the file in Windows Media Player though.

Anybody know what I can do to fix this situation? Basically, I need something that can edit the unknown MPEG4 video type ati records with. I could go the route of editing it as mpeg2, and then convert it to DivX or something similiar, but I'm trying to make it as few steps as possible.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2004