1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EDITING AND MAKING VIDEOS!!!

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by polesel31, Apr 12, 2005.

1. polesel31

polesel31 Guest

hi every1,
    i wanted to make a movie with all cilps of my favourite sports plays. i jsut wanted to know what program can i use to make a video with subtitles, menus, songs, intro, headings, and cast?i wanna make it so i can watch it on my dvd player. so...just basically a regurlar movie... anybody know what software to use???

Thanks a lot

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

What is the source material?

3. djscoop

djscoop Active member

adobe premiere is the best, if you can afford it.

4. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Does Premiere encode video?
    Does it transcode audio?
    Does it author Mpeg-2 to DVD with menus, and subs?

5. djscoop

djscoop Active member

yes premiere accepts pretty much all video formats, and can export to pretty much all formats. transcodes audio as well. it can export directly to DVD (as well as other mpeg formats) but does not have menus. you need adobe encore for that. I think you can get them in a package deal for around $500 online, which is a damn good bargain.

6. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

I don't consider $500 to be any bargain.
    I'll take Canopus Procoder Express $59, virtualdub, Cuttermaran and ffmpeggui (both free), and Sony Vegas 4 movie studio+DVD $100.
    I just got some supremely good software, and saved $340
    Now you could spend more, and get Vegas 5, or you could spend a lot less and go for FreeEnc, or QueEnc, virtualdub, cuttermaran, ffmpeggui, and GuiForDVDAuthor (or DVDAuthorGUI), all totally free.

7. djscoop

djscoop Active member

those may be good programs, but those are mid-level consumer. Apps like Premiere and Avid XPress are professional full blown editors, which is why they are more expensive. Those other ones don't offer half the features full editors do. Not trying to say yours aren't good, but if you want a real professional editor, getting Premiere, Encore DVD, and Audition (audio editor) for $500 IS a bargain.