1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing audio to fit video

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by maroon, Jul 18, 2006.

1. maroon

maroon Member

Hello

Please excuse what is probably a very basic question. I have transferred video from a digicam to my PC for editing and ultimate transfer to a DVD. That's no problem in itself.

What I am puzzled by is this:
    . there is a passage of audio spoken words] in the original video - let's say it is 64.5 seconds long. Want I want to do is replace that section of audio with something else. Let's say the replacement piece of audio is 69.5 seconds long.

I don't want to cut any of out. I want to compress it - probably not the right term to use - or rather squash that 69.5 so it is 64.5 and will fit seamlessly into the video.

I've been using MPEG video Wizard for basic editing and have both DVD Author and Ulead DVD Workshop 2 as well.

Can anyone tell me if any of these programmes can do this, or if not, direct me to any free audio editors that can. I'm sure it's a simple process, but I've never had to investigate the process before.

Many thanks.

2. maroon

maroon Member

anyone?