1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing avi (fade in and out)

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by snizzler, Mar 2, 2007.

1. snizzler

snizzler Guest

I have a lot of avi files that need splitting. The avi's are either Divx or Xvid (the latter usualy) and i would like to fade the avi's in and out then put em on a dvd. I know how to split the files and put em on a dvd but what i dont know is a decent program that will allow me to fade in and out the avi's without re-encoading them. Does anybody know of any progs out there taht will allow me to do this...?

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Since your post seems to indicate you're not re-encoding to put them on DVD I have to assume you're making a data disc instead of a regular DVD-Video disc. To do what you want will require re-encoding at least part of each AVI, but you could cut the part that needs the fade effect and only re-encode it with the desired fade effect. I'd use AviSynth (I believe FadeIn and FadeOut are the correct filters) but there are other editors that could do it. Then join the re-encoded video back to the original AVI. That way you're not any more destructive than necessary.