1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing Home Videos

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by PaisanNYC, Oct 4, 2004.

1. PaisanNYC

PaisanNYC Member

Hi everyone!

I hope someone can help! I am new to DVD burning and video editing. I captured some VHS footage of my sister-in-law's wedding and am currently editing video and going to make a video for the new couple. I am able to easily cut, paste, and add footage with MPEG VCR, but I need help with this.
    I wanted to add a video clip into the middle of an existing video file..I wanted to only add the video portion of the new clip, keeping the audio from the original video file intact, and in essence overwrite the original video with the new clip. (i need to add the cinderella cartoon dance scene to the video, with the original music from the vhs in the background.)
    I hope I wasnt TOO confusing and someone can help! Keep in mind I am totally new to this ;)

Thanks everyone!

PS - I love this forum!!! I found it while doing a google search and find everyone great here!

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

*thread moved to appropriate forum*

I'm no expert on video editing but wanted to welcome you to AD (and move your thread to where you'll get better help) :)

3. PaisanNYC

PaisanNYC Member

Thanks Nephilim I guess i overlooked this part of the forum. Sorry :) And thanks for having me here!

I hope someone might be able to help me here on this part of the forum?

Thanks to everyone for making this a great site!!

4. PaisanNYC

PaisanNYC Member

anyone?