1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing individual AVI frames

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by aviceda, May 3, 2004.

1. aviceda

aviceda Member

I guess this question has been asked before but I haven't found it through the 'Search' or 'Guides'.
    I'm currently producing 30-sec clips of wildlife from analogue video and wonder if there is any software for editing individual AVI frames. Often I find dust-spots on backgrounds and would like to edit them out using 'clone' tools, as in Photoshop. If anyone knows of any resources I would be grateful.

Tom

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

AVI Files can only be edited on Key Frames so if every frame is a KeyFrame then you can do frame accurate editing..Uncompressed AVI has every frame as a KeyFrame so if you decompress your AVI file you should be able to edit on a frame By Frame basis, You would be better off useing a Combination of Noise Filters to try to remove what you call "Dust-Spots" cuz it would be much easier...There are a Few Different Effects Programs that will allow you to import AVI files so you can do touch ups like Adobe After effects 6 and Ulead Media Studio pro has a Good Video paint program that you can use but these are very expensive programs...
    You can also try useing something like Virtual-Dub and it"s Filters to filter out the Dust sport....