1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing *.vob files from a DVD on Frame by Frame basis

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by jwobrien, Apr 19, 2007.

1. jwobrien

jwobrien Member

I have a DVD 'movie', with *.vob, etc files which was created for me from some 8mm film film I have of my family. When I play the DVD on my DVD player, I can 'pause', then step ahead one (8mm) frame at a time, and I realize I would like to edit some of the (8mm) frames out (or move them around)!

Is there s/w (and/or process) that will let me get that *.vob info into my computer so that I can then EDIT it at the (8mm) frame by frame level (instead of the Chapter by Chapter, or 'sceen by sceen' level)?

Thanks
    John

2. Suba

Suba Regular member

Try TMPGEnc Xpress. You can download it as trial version and see what you think.
    It will import from DVD and ask you to copy files to HD at that time.
    Do it otherwise editing is too slow.
    This software will output DVD compliant file format so you will have to use DVD authoring program to be able to burn working DVD.
    They have other software TMPGEnc DVD Author. This one will let you edit also and export DVD burnable file. I do not know how flexible this one is. I use first one.
    There is other software Mpeg Video Wizard DVD. This one let you do editing and exporting DVD burnable file. They have trial version also. With this one you can use transitions between frames and do other things.
    Also you can try DVDShrink it is free, but let you do cutting only
    Other one is VobBlanker also free.
    For moving cut outs around Wizard or TMPG will do, but not so easy.
    You will have to cut up your original save cuts and assemble them later.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  3. jwobrien

jwobrien Member

'Suba',

Thank you so much for responding to my query... I really appreciate your time, and will try your suggestion about downloading 'TMPGEnc Xpress'.

Thanks again
    John