1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing Vob files....HELP !!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Normylad, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Normylad

Normylad Member

I have 15 years worth of family movies on VHS. This week I purchased a Pioneer DVR420HS DVD Recorder primarily for the use of converting all my old VHS movies to DVD.I burnt my first film onto DVD-RW...tranferred it to my PC hard drive for editing...but my editing software 'Pinnacle 8' wont recognise the 'Vob' files. Lots of people have offered advice, ie to convert the VOB's to another format that can be edited....but how?????
    Its taken me 3 days to work out how to burn my VHS tape to DVD and get it on my PC !! Telling me to changed the files to Mpegs/Avi's just sounds like Japanese to me! I'm a TOTAL newbie to all this.
    Is there a simple editing programme that will simply edit my movies without converting them? I'm not Steven Spielberg....I only want to add a few titles and cut out a few dark/shakey bits of filming, before saving the finnished product onto DVD-R.
    Is there a step by step, simple guide available for 5 year olds?
    Any help would be appreciated....I'm running out of hair to pull out.

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Normylad,
    There's really no worry. Chances are you may not need to convert the vobs at all 'cos some programs (e.g. Nero) can work with vobs directly.
    At Nero StartSmart, click 'dvd', then 'make your own dvd video', then 'add video files'. Paste your vobs, click 'next', and follow the lead from there.
    Please post again if this doesn't work.