1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

editting games larger the 4gigs

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by sdc1983, Feb 12, 2007.

1. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I was wondering if anyone knew of any apps or procedures that could be used to edit games larger than 4 gigs so that they fit on a standard DVD-R. I have a couple games I'm looking to back up but the ISO is 5+ gigs in size. I've tried searching around but the only links I could find were dead or didn't have anything to do with what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

well if the game is over 5 gigs then ull have to use a dual layed dvd the normal dvd-r are all 4.7 gigs i do belive there is a layer break program used to condinse the game a lil bit but i neva used it

3. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

I got no problem using a dual layer disc but will an older xbox recognize it? I think I got the phillips dvd drive. I don't want to waste discs if it ain't going to work.

4. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

o dang i forgot about that srry yea espically with the phillips i have a samsung and mines works umm yea

i can probly help more if u could tell me da game ur tryin to get

5. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

The only 2 I've come across so far are "The Warriors" and "50 Cent Bulletproof". I've read a few things about being able to edit or remove some of the cut scenes but I couldn't find a tut or any information about how to do that.

6. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

yea i was about to say cut some scenes out like in halo but if u have ever cut anything out of halo it should be the same way with those games well have u ever cut halo

7. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

no I've never cut anything from halo or any other game. actually I've only played halo once and couldn't stand it lol

8. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

wow ru4real datz crazy well yea halo 2 was broken down to 3 folders making it easy to know wat to cut out so first find hpw many folders your game is in

9. sdc1983

sdc1983 Regular member

yeah I hated it. I got it when i got my box and i turned around and sold the game the next day. When looking at these games it seems there broken up into 2 folders. Alot of the files share the same name but have a different # at the end. Any idea what these might be?