1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eeprom location

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by krj15489, May 19, 2007.

1. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

where is the eeprom located on the hard drive? i am modding a friends xbox and all i need is the eeprom so i can use xbox hdm.

2. DanandJen

DanandJen Regular member

The eeprom is not located on the hdd itself. It is on a chip on the motherboard. Depends on the dashboard your using to mod it with. On UnleashX, when you first mod it, it has a feature to retrieve it and store it on the hdd so you can ftp later and retrieve it. If i am not mistaken, there will be 3 eeprom files actually.

3. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

u are talking about finding the eprom before it is softmodded? you can't unless u have an eeprom reader. u can use a softmod installer to copy the eeprom to the harddrive. or u can do a hotswap and just put watever files u need on it.

4. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Hotswapping when a box is not in a modded state is very dangerous its not recommended. Trying to mod without a sid installer can lead to error 5 HHD not locked. You'll be able to transfer files using the xboxhdm lunix explorer or reformat the hard drive from another modded box system partition. But there is no guarantee that when you reinsert the drive back into the box it'll lock the drive when you power down booting in a modded state. You dont have a dump copy of the eeprom. Even people with softmodded boxes creating new drives or hotswapping, it doesnt matter how much experience they may have might encounter error 5 or 6.