1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eeprom not found on cdrom

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by andreascy, Jun 29, 2009.

1. andreascy

andreascy Member

hi guys,

i have a situation that i never accomplished to solve it. Well, i have followed every step of the EEPROM Reader tutorial and i managed to get the EEPROM.BIN from my xbox motherboard. I also wrote down the Unique Password on a paper after i loaded my EEPROM.BIN from LiveInfo. I burned an HDD Maker CD exactly as the instructions i found. In the instructions was said that i have to Copy my EEPROM.BIN file to the EEPROM folder in my Bootable CD. i have done all the procedure as it supposed to be. Then i Placed a new HDD and using my boot cd i choose Build a new HDD from scratch. So far so good, but when i tried to lock my drive with the EEPROM.BIN from the option 3 from the main menu i keep getting an error that says that eeprom.bin not found on cd rom. i used lockhd -a that was supposed to work. i also tried lockhd -p "mypass" without the quotes. Said that drive was locked, but when i placed my drive on my xbox i got an error 6. i also tried to copy EEPROM.BIN to a floppy disk and tried lockhd -a and then the 1st choice "look in a floppy" but again said eeprom.bin not found in the /dev/fd0 etc...i also tried xbrowser and copied EEPROM.BIN from the CD to HDD in directory E/backup/MS, but i still have no result. I will mention that i have my HDD set as Primary Master And my DVD ROM as Secondary Master In My PC. If anyone has a solution for my situatution i would be very Thankful to hear it

My email adresss is: removed

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to our humble abode, however email address removed and Forum Rules are in my signature.
    I can't help with eeprom reader's but am sure someone will be along to help you out at some point.

3. varnull

varnull Guest

I know where you are wrong.. linux is case sensitive XD

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

No, It's not is it ? LOL :) :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  5. varnull

varnull Guest

the other thing which jumps out at me is the dvd drive.. remember the old "linux doesn't like dvd drives" thing?.. xboxhdm is pretty old.

6. andreascy

andreascy Member

FINALLY i found what was the f@@@ing problem. i just renamed EEPROM.bin to eeprom.bin into xboxhdm boot cd in eeprom folder and then i burned the image cd again. after that lockhd -a worked great for me. my new 160GB HDD was locked succesfully and at last my xbox console is fully functional once again :))) anyone having the same problem i fully recoment to try this !

7. varnull

varnull Guest

case sensitive.. like I said XD

in linux EEPROM.BIN is not the same as eeprom.bin . *giggles*

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2009
  8. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

yeah i remember that from the eeprom reader thread, i know it's in there somewhere

9. varnull

varnull Guest

Aye.. it is .. as one of the team who wrote that and debugged it I remember it well. M$ have instilled this lovely lazyness that a *nix user would never fall for.. CaSe SenSiTive is fun XD