1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eeprom problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by m0dnewb, Jul 8, 2007.

1. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

ok so im trying to upgrade my HDD

i have successfully done it before
    but that was on my friends i try to do it on mine and it gives me an error 6

so i figured out that my eeprom was a softmod eeprom not the xboxs.

i cant find the real one anywhere im using liveinfo to try to find the right one but none of the serial numbers match so is there a way i can completely wipe out my xbox to no info but the factory settings? and then after that if i tried softmoding again would i be able to get the xbox eeprom?

i need lots and lots of help

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you can't find the original eeprom you need either a modchip or an eeprom reader! Eeprom readers are great, I suggest you look into one!

3. m0dnewb

m0dnewb Regular member

so pretty much i have to spend money either way...but i guess you have to do what you have to do. Thanks im going to try one this i read...(look in U-Data for something like 2XXXXXXXX - 000000000 - backup if i dont find it their im going to settle for a m0dchip

hey, can you give me a suggestion on what m0dchip i should buy? (souderless....i dont trust myself with a souder haha.)

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you can get into the HDD, then the eeprom will be in the 2xxxxxxx\0000000000000\Backup folder!

As for the modchip... seriously, build an eeprom reader or get someone to build it! I used to sell them, but I got bored!

The eeprom reader will cost you about $3 to make and will allow you to recover the eeprom from the motherboard. You can then keep this reader and use it again and again to fix almost ANY Xbox problem!

Do It!!!