1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eliminate blur

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by bobcro, Jul 9, 2007.

1. bobcro

bobcro Member

is there software to eliminate the blur on a jpeg caused by 'camera shake'??

2. Novitiate

Novitiate Member

http://www.retouchpro.com/forums/archive/t-3991.html This site says can't really be done or at least not to perfection,it also says what I was going to suggest is use a tripod or take an old broom stick for future pictures. You could drill a hole at the top end of a broom stick and put a headless bolt on your camera to fit into the hole. Some tripods are quite cheap today. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Forever Ain't so long anymore

3. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

No. What you see is what you get. You have to eliminate the cause of the blur before taking the picture.

4. AlphaGod

AlphaGod Member

That and you could try Sharpen, but mostly only brings out the image, not eliminate the blur

5. petermart

petermart Member

It may seem an odd thing to say but sharpening only works well with a sharp picture!
    Let me try to explain.
    I use a range of image manipulation programs, usually fairly cheap ones, which I have accumulated over the years.
    My Camera is a Canon EOS350d with 8.2Meg and the lens which comes with the camera, 18-55mm.
    This combination I have found to be excellent, but the lens seems slightly soft in comparison with some others.
    Because of this some people seem to think that the lens not very sharp.
    However, use of digital sharpening really makes this lens look at least about £100-£150 more expensive than it is.
    But, as I said at the beginning, the sharpness has to be there to start with.
    To see some of the Macro shots I have taken you can go here:

Bee on Thistle

6. petermart

petermart Member

OOPS!
    Meant to preview that above message then hit the wrong button.
    Here are some more shots:

Humping Henry
    Pollen Bee
    Bee-2
    Bee on Flower
    Bee on Thistle

Thes pics were not taken with a Macro lens but using the ordinary 18-55 mm lens with a +4 Close up lens and then shrpened up.
    Please note that these pics are still not as sharp as the original because they have been reduced, but does show the results which this simple setup can produce.
    Obviously to get these pics I took a great amny others most of which were just fractionally unsharp.
    However those ones could NOT be sharpened simply because the sharpness was not there to start with.
    That is the beauty of digital photography.
    Start with a good image and you can REALLY do an awful lot, but the image has to be good to start with.

7. riley804

riley804 Member

try increasing your shutter speed, ISO, and make sure you have the proper f/stop.

A bad exposure is just that....adjust camera settings and try again.