1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem email virus senders

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by sierra7614, May 12, 2016.

1. sierra7614

sierra7614 Member

I'm using Incredimail as an email provider on windows 7. For quite some time now couple times a day I'm receiving massages from unknown senders telling me to open an included attachment to see the invoice of my purchase. The attachments are in (rar) format so McAfee antivirus doesn't detect a anything until it's extracted. Blocking sender is not working since it's different sender every time. Is changing the email the solution?

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Open another email account with a different name in the same provider that you are using and set it up in your Incredimail. Then turn off the old account in IM. Don't delete it, just uncheck it so it won't receive mail..
    Go to the web site of your email account that you stopped and check for mail there. You can delete any spam there before it gets sent to you.. Answer those you know with an address change and change your address on web sites you trust. After a while you won't be getting mail on your old address and can delete it..

2oG

3. sierra7614

sierra7614 Member

thank you 2oldGeek