1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emergency and Disaster Preparedness (and Official CB Radio Thread)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Auslander, Feb 9, 2006.

1. escalante

escalante Regular member

Will you integrate an unnaturally fast healing system into the Hitler pygmies?

So are you getting tired of my suggestions? I have more but i can stop if you'd like. Maybe i should stop, seeing as how i have final exams tomorrow. I'm semi-studying right now.

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'll have to check the console forums one of these days; they have this ever increasing noteriety (sp?)

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

probably, escalante. healing is good. you should go study, dude. not because i'm tired of you, but because you need to.

that's because those forums goes prefer to be first in hell rather than second in heaven, ger. did you check the first post i made today? there's a bit of you in it, in a way :p

4. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

they are afraid of me in hell, they tink i may take over.

5. escalante

escalante Regular member

I'll take your advice Aus. Now i'm gonna turn of my PC so it doesn't tempt me. Later.

6. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

all you gotta do is burn them all.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I just went to look at your pics and posts. I'm so jealous; I love the snow. Here is is, December 3rd and I'm about to go to bed WITH THE WINDOWS OPEN! What's wrong with this picture?

Leather jackets, particularly heavy leather, can keep you nice and warm but I'm surprised you're wearing it in that degree of cold; are you freezing your ass off or is it actually warm enough?

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

something's very wrong with that picture :p

the jacket's probably good on its own down to 35 degrees or so; a hate and gloves make it down to 25. below that, it's just me. i function better in the cold than the average person. :)

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I understand ... I'm exactly the same way but as much as I love the cold, I don't like "being cold". You know, when I was your age, I was out camping in the snow in the middle of Fevuary.

I wish we'd have a storm like you just had; it's so infrequent but downtown Philly is pretty neat in a blizzard. Naturally, there is no traffic. There are thousands of college students who come out, people bring out their dogs and play in the middle of the street ...its all pretty cool.

10. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

to kinda get this thread halfway back on track... as promised aus, i told you i would post some pics of my dads radio set up.
    [​IMG]
    here is the set up in the basement, there is usually a big amp on the floor, but i dont know where it disapered to.
    [​IMG]
    here is the big tower, its maybe 40 feet in this position and at its tallest its maybe 80 feet.

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's the kind of system that gives me wet dreams. :p

seriously, it is a beautiful setup. i hope to have something like it one day.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

What's all that white stuff around you car? Damn it never snows here. I grew up till age 8 playing in the snow in Midland then Albuquerque. Can still remeber the good times my Dad pulling me on a toboggan behind a jeep. South Louisiana is good for ice storms rarely and a few flurries even more rarely. But we can hunt and fish comfortably here in winter. And if I wanted, I could get lost forever in the Atchafalaya Swamp 20 miles from where I was reared. Although the mosquitoes would carry you away at night. LOL

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

sounds like fun. but i'll keep my snow! ^.~

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Polyarny and Aus....I am so woefully ignorant of that particular means of entertainment. When you sit at your "rig" (did I get that right?), just what exactly do you do? Is it, perhaps, the verbal equivalent of our own written words on a screen here at afterdawn? It does have its appeal; I've often wondered what this guy or that sound like here at afterdawn...especially Creaky who once described his accent as "cringeworthy" LOL! I know one usually envisions truck drivers but I suspect that isn't the case at all; are there, perhaps, different groups of CBers that have different hobbies and discuss different things? Kindly tell us a bit about this hobby.

@Garmoon....Your Dad use to pull your toboggan with his Jeep?? Any chance you have home movies of that LMAO!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2006
  15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

at some point, justin and i are going to make a video that may very well kill our mutual friend, matt. so not only will you all get to hear us, but you'll get to see us in action when we post a link.

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

That would be so cool!

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

it will be taking place during this month, so not much longer of a wait. we're even going to be using the CBs to organize and orchestrate everything.

18. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Man, them CB's can be dangerous...
    Just dont get any trucker mad at you or the movie Road Trip will happen all over again and i'll hear on the news and be like "I told that bleep not to"
    (ALL IN GOOD FUN)

Last edited: Dec 4, 2006
  19. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i talk to truckers a lot :)

matt has the same setup in his truck that i have in my car; a few walky-talkies between us and we'll have a good chain set up that everyone will be on.

20. escalante

escalante Regular member

Damn i just finished watching An American Haunting. Now I'm here all alone in the computer room and I'm a bit scared since I'm the only one upstairs. What would you guys do in case of Hauntings/Possessions?