1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

!!!!emergency!!!! help

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by yucafien2, Jan 8, 2010.

1. yucafien2

yucafien2 Member

my computer won't login to windows.i have windows xp.and i canot go into safe mode when i try it just restarts. i have a virus and a pretty good antivirus {avg} but whn i could login i still couldn't remove it.

please help i have my xbox 360 firm ware there and many important files pls i reallly need help

thxs
    yuca fien

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not an all other topics issue.

3. terry9999

terry9999 Member

Not sure if this will help but, I have a very effective process for removing Malware/Virus.

If the below programs do not load change their .exe file name (not the shortcut)to something like iexplorer.exe and they will work fine.

Do not run more than one spyware/malware program at once (they might conflict) you may also have to disable you Anti Virus temperarly to scan with them.

Most effective in the following order:
    1. Malware bytes: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

2. ComboFix: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

3. SDFix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/files/sdfix.php

4. SmitfraudFix: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/resources/link243.html

5. SpyBot Search and Destroy: http://www.spybotupdates.com/files/spybotsd162.exe

Also ensure you have the newest version of java as some of the old one's have vulnerabilities.
    Other things to consider if you don’t already do them a third part firewall, as windows firewall only block incoming traffic, if you are infected you want something like ZoneAlarm which will block outgoing traffic also. Please ensure Windows Firewall is switched off if you install a third party firewall.
    Install firefox browser 3.5 only (very resistant to getting compromised)
    Install returnil (free version) can beused instead of antispyware software, when enabled it seperates the hard drive from the internet, no known/unknown virus/spyware will defeat this software.
    Another program more powerful than returnil (cannot be installed together) is comodo time machine (freeware). You can installed this on a clean computer and it will make a baseline snapshot. Before you go on the internet you can create a new snapshot (takes 3 seconds), if you run into problems/malware just restore your computer to this snapshot. It's similar to windows system restore but much more powerful especially against bad drivers/software/malware.
    http://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-s...iews/61309.aspx

Finally use a free imaging software (macrium reflect) to make an image backup of your c: drive while it's clean. Worst case scenario you can restore your computer to a like new windows condition without spending hours reinstalling windows.

I hope this helps. Part of my reply was quoted by user jony218 - Senior Member

Regards,
    Terry9999

4. ddp

terry, why turn off windows's firewall if have a 3rd party firewall?

5. terry9999

terry9999 Member

I've been told by a few other users and read in the forums that they will conflict if more than one are running, if this is wrong (which I gather you think it is by putting the same reply to me 3 times??)please let me know.

6. syxguns

syxguns Active member

What terry9999 suggested is good for removal of Virus/Malware. However, your problem may reside within your MBR (Master Boot Record). In order to fix this problem you will have to have a XP CD. NOT a restore CD!! A restore CD will wipe your system clean and you do not want that.

You may need to access the BIOS to get this to work, but I can walk you through the steps. However, today is Jan 21 and you have not made a reply to what has been posted, so I will wait to give instructions until I hear from you.

Sorry guys!! Just noticed the dates! :)

7. ddp

terry, i'm running zonealarm free version with windows firewall still turned on with no problems.

8. syxguns

syxguns Active member

ddp,
    I believe that ZoneAlarm auto disables Windows Firewall. Basically it is not good to have two firewalls run at the same time because they could conflict with each other. On top of that Windows Firewall is weak. Here is the answer to the question from Zone Labs (read #8). Link

9. ddp

shows enabled on mine in control panel.

10. syxguns

syxguns Active member

As does mine in the control panel read the same. However, if you do a search you will find that ZoneAlarm does disable the firewall on its own. Link

If you click the little down arrow in the security center next to firewall it will say something like, "ZoneAlarm Firewall is currently running". At least that is what mine says. If you have Windows Firewall running then I would suggest that you go ahead and turn it off.