1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EMERGENCY! Please help!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by jackieg, Oct 11, 2004.

1. jackieg

jackieg Member

I have created a slideshow in Moviemaker. We have burned it to both a DVD and SVCD. When we play on the DVD player, it is very grainy. What did I do wrong?

Also, it plays awesome on the pc. What does anyone know about connecting a pc to a tv?

2. sonoma095

sonoma095 Member

YOU CAN CONNECT A PC TO A TV USEING S-VIDEO IF BOTH YOUR VIDEO CARD AND YOUR TV HAVE IT. AS FAR AS YOUR PROBLEM IT SOUNDS LIKE IT HAS TO DO WITH THE RESOLUTION OF YOUR TV. YOUR PC MONITOR SUPPORTS MANY DIFFERENT RESOLUTIONS BUT TVS DONT. IF YOU CHANGE ALL OF YOUR PICTURES IN YOUR SLIDESHOW TO THE SAME RESOLUTION OF YOUR TV YOU SHOULD HAVE A BETTER QUALITY PICTURE ON THE SCREEN. TRY USEING PHOTOSHOP TO CHANGE YOUR PICTURE RESOLUTIONS THEN MAKE A SLIDESHOW AND BURN.

3. jackieg

jackieg Member

Thanks! I'm not sure what is happening. I used moviemaker to make the slideshow. Burned to a dvd using NERO. Maybe you have a suggestion on how to save the movie prior to burning the dvd. The slideshow works but the pics come in and out of focus.

4. sonoma095

sonoma095 Member

WHAT DO YOU MEAN SAVE THE MOVIE BEFORE YOU BURN DON'T YOU HAVE THE SLIDESHOW SAVED ON YOUR H.D. OR ARE YOU USEING NERO TO ENCODE THE SLIDESHOW? IF YOUR USEING NERO TO ENCODE I DON'T HAVE YOUR ANSWER I DON'T USE NERO TO ENCODE ANYTHING.

5. jackieg

jackieg Member

Right now the movie runs perfect. Saved as an AVI but my dilemna now is that we can't get the dvd burned. My movie is saved to an external hard drive and I was bringing it to my neighbor's to burn and it keeps shutting the computer down. What is wrong? Is it the size? It is currently 2.75 GB.

6. sonoma095

sonoma095 Member

I DON'T THINK THE SIZE WOULD MATTER. I'M ALSO NOT REAL SURE WHY IT SHUTS DOWN THE COMPUTER. I COULD SEE YOUR BURNING PROGRAM GOING UNSTABLE, BUT NOT CRASHING YOUR WHOLE O.S.. WHAT O.S. IS YOUR NEIGHBOR USEING AND IS IT THE SAME AS YOURS, AND WHAT ARE YOU USEING TO BURN WITH?