1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EMI Copy Control

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Ozyboy, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Ta-mater

Ta-mater Member

well, actually, the disc doesn't work in my DVD-ROM at all. Audiocatalyst shows the disc as all data tracks when using the DVD drive.

I also copied it direct to a CD-RW(by using disc-swapping in my CD-RW) using Nero and it worked great. It even copied the copy protection session and everything. I then tried copying just the audio tracks and that worked flawlessly.

If there are drives that can rip the CD just fine like mine, what is the point of this "copy protection"? All it takes is one person, just one, to make mp3s and then get them on Kazaa or Mirc or whatever you want to use and the whole world can get the tracks for free.

What exactly are they preventing?

2. scammer68

scammer68 Member

I just found about this copy control crap. I bought the new Turin Brakes CD, didn't notice the CC sticker. Anyway, this might help someone if you want to share copy controlled cd's.

I just ripped the whole cd using "Easy CD Ripper" v 1.53. MP3's play fine. If I want to make a copy I'll use Roxio/whatever to turn the MP3's back into audio files... simple.

I have to wonder what they are trying to achieve here...

Scammer68