1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulator Help!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by ChngdSoul, Jan 18, 2005.

1. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member

Hi, sorry for the possibly stupid question.

I just got my Xbox all moded and wanted to put a snes emulator on it. I found an emulator, but from my current knowledge about it I also need ROMs for the games. Is this true? I would need a ROM for each game I would like to play? I tried looking for such a thing, but I find virtually no info about them or where to get them. Is this what I need to get this emulator working, and if so, where would be a good place to download ROMs from so I can play some cool old games on my fantastically newly moded Xbox.

Thanks for the help.

2. marpol

marpol Member

i know where to get the roms but i dont wich folder to ftp the over to, or know how to play them, but visis here if u want roms....xport.xbox-scene.com

3. ChngdSoul

ChngdSoul Member

Its probably just me, but at that link, all I could find was the emulators. What I need are the roms, as far as I know, without the roms the emulators are useless because you have nothing to play. I did some digging and went to the irc channel xbins, went onto the ftp server, but there were no roms that I could find on there either.

Maybe I am doing this all wrong. Is there a complete nOOb tutorial to putting emulators on your xbox?

4. fastted83

fastted83 Member

hey if all u are looking for is just snes roms then the website to check out is: http://www.cherryroms.com i believe that i am using xsnesx emulator, and some roms just wont transfer like superman and simpsons. also this website isnt the best because some roms are idsa protected like spiderman and some mario's. sometimes the (E) version is available but not the (U). and (J) is japanese. another is: http://www.rom-world.com. i have nes, atari 2600, lynx handheld, and gba emulators on my box