1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulator Problems with XBMC

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by nater_k, Mar 18, 2007.

1. nater_k

nater_k Member

So after trial and error over the past two days I have come to the conclusion that I can't play any emulators with XBMC. XBMC loads fine, and I can access all my music, videos, etc.... But when I try to start up an emulator it hangs and shows nothing but a black screen.

I had it set up to start to XBMC on startup, so I changed that and now it loads to the Evox dash. I can play the emulators fine and there are no problems this way.

This is not a big deal, but I would like to play them through XBMC. Anybody know what my problem is?
    Thanks

2. nater_k

nater_k Member

Seemed to be a problem with the new xbmc released this past week. I used the old one and it seems to work great.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It will be a typo in the 5 million config files XBMC uses.
    That's why I always tell people not to use it as a main dash ever.
    (I had a few memorable flame wars with people who a few days later were posting "my xbox boots to a blank screen.. HELP")
    Somewhere deep down in the mess there will be a line that goes something like this

<emulators>
    <list>
    blah blah blah, names of emulators etc
    </list>
    <path> E:/emulators,2 ; F:/emulators,2 </path>
    </emulators>

Now many many versions of this dash have been released, and the xml config scripts have been cascaded in different ways..
    NOTE: I know my code above is wrong, but it's for example only.. I'm rusty, and it's late and xbox stuff is really old hat.
    Look for an xml scripting guide on google.. there are quite a few.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007