1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulator

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Paintball, Sep 25, 2003.

1. Paintball

Paintball Member

Does any one no were I can download emulator and roms to burn to a cd for xbox
    Thanx PAINTBALL

2. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Google will show you the way..

Matt

3. Paintball

Paintball Member

4. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Paintball,

If you go into a EFnet IRC server and then to channel #xbins. The Server will give you a name and password into a FTP that has all sorts of emulators. If you need instructions hit me back.

5. WA2FAST

WA2FAST Member

LauLaw... I would like some further help please, I don't know anything about IRC servers and am just getting into this myself, know nothing about modding my box yet, but I do know that the software is not hard to find, but the roms for the emulators so far have been impossible... any help would be GREATLY appreciated. My chip comes in soon and I want to be ready for it when it gets here.

6. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Kazaa Kazza Kazaa

7. WA2FAST

WA2FAST Member

I have! I can never find anything on kazaa! I just wish that there was a better way of finding them instead of seeing a list of 50 different files of the same thing... all different sizes. Is there any other way? The only way I can find games on Kazaa is if you actually know the EXACT file name of what you are looking for unless you have any other way of searching for them.

8. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Keyword.. (ROMS) (EMULATOR) (SNES) (NES) and so on.. make sure you search in software too..

9. WA2FAST

WA2FAST Member

Thanx Matt... I will keep searching, I appreciate it. Dumb question... I assume any rom will work right? I downloaded a "package" deal today off of some random search that had an emulator for a PC built in with like 10 N64 games. They all work beautifully, controls are money, everything is awesome... will those same rom files ({game-name}.n64) work with my Box emulator too?

10. LauLaw

LauLaw Guest

Hey,

Well first of all, not everything in kazaa is legit. Yeah it's a great source but there could be virii or plain ol' broken files there.

Have you tried going to romnation.com or .org (don't remember). I used to go there and they have a shit load of roms. Also if you have AOL you could always use mIRC and go to one of the server channels. I've found lots f roms there. If you don't have AOL you're pretty much stuck with mIRC and Kazaa. To use mIRC. [once you have it installed] connect to an EFNet server and do a search of Roms, emulation, whatever, you'll probably find a bunch of crap the you're looking for. I don't use that method anymore. Since I found the most reliable way to get crap (AOL). Anyways, tell me if you need further assistance. I like helping out. I'm not like one of those ops in the XBIN channel that think they're god's gift to xbox modding. Lates.

11. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

If you have a emulator (whatever system it may be for) they will work as long as you have the correct emulator for those type roms.. Hope this makes sense..

Matt

12. benp1981

benp1981 Member

I go to xboxemul.gueux.net for Xbox emulators & Homebrew games. Then www.romnation.net for the roms