1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emulators on r4/m3

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dragnandy, Sep 7, 2007.

1. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

there was a current thread asking for NES emulator. and i thought that was really cool. so i was wondering if anybody knows if there are any other emulators like that, that are made to work for the ds, like super nintendo, or other consoles.?

2. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Yep, Snemulds, current version is 0.5B. Compatibility is pretty good, but you'll need to play with the GFX settings to see some games correctly. Compatibility list Here.
    For Gameboy and GameBoy Color (Not Advance) Lameboy 0.9, compatibility quite high, Pokemon Crystal runs great. :)
    For Genesis jEnesisDS works, though I'm not sure about compatibility. (I only really use it for Sonic.)
    For MegaDrive/GameGear DSSMaster Plus. Only played a few games, they worked well enough, but I'm not a fan of either system's this emulates.
    And ScummVM DS, Monkey Island and Sam&Max on DS, I probably don't need to say more. :D

3. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

is there a way to save progress of the games? i have a NES emu but i dont know how to save with games like mario and such. anybody know how?

4. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Yeah, tap the bottom screen, go to File and tap Save state.

5. dragnandy

dragnandy Regular member

sweet. thanks man. but for the snes, i have the games on, but it says it cannot find snes roms in the cf/sd card when i run the emulator. so i dont know whats wrong and was thinkign maybe i shuold patch it? and i was wondering, if i did have to patch how would i?

6. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

The program only reads .SMC files from a folder in the root of your card labeled SNES, nowhere else, make sure you have that folder. As for patching, go Here.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  7. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

nintenut,
    I wanted to use the jEnesisDS emu to play one of my roms, but the instructions provided on the DLDI page were not clear enough for me to patch the sega .bin I'm trying to play. The patchers seem to want to only patch .NDS .DS .GBA extensions but not .bin.

What should I do to get jEnesisDS to play my .bin file?

8. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

You only need to patch the .NDS so it can be used properly on your card, you don't patch the Genesis ROMs.

9. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Hmm, its still not working for me then. jEnesisDS loads fine but I can't choose my rom. Does the rom have to be in a specific directory or folder?

10. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

No, it doesn't... I've never had this problem, what card are you using?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  11. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I'll just give you a rundown of what is happening for me. When I boot JEnesisDS it takes me tot he configure screen where I have the opions listed:

Force Update
    Vertical Scaling
    Idle Load Detection
    Autofix Checksum
    Wait VSYNC
    H-INT Emulation
    Fake Z80
    Country Preference

at the bottom it gives the option to change the setting of the emu with the "A" button or press "select" to continue. When I press select i am taken to a screen that looks like the previous screen (described above) but it has a blank field. At the very top left corner of the touch screen is the picture of a Sega cart and Sega controller, and on the top right is the jEnesisDS logo. At the bottom left side of the touch screen is the number "53" and in the bottom right side of the touch screen is the number "34/605". Tapping the Sega cart or controller with my stylus does nothing and pressing select button while on this screen does nothing, but apparently is it supposed to bring up the games list.

I guess my question would be what is supposed to happen after you set your desired settings and press "select" to continue? Because in my case it brings me to a screen with no functionality.

12. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

It's supposed to show what you're describing but with a list of folders and compatible files to open/boot, except in your case it's showing that you have 605 pages to scroll through... 0_o
    What card are you using?

13. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I have an M3 Simply.

I patched the jEnesisDS.nds file with the "M3 Adapter (SD Card)" DLDI patch, but I'm wondering if I should have patched it with the "R4(DS) - Revolution for DS M3 Simply compatible" patch since that one specifically states my M3 Simply.

Is the M3 adapter the same as the M3 Simply? Should I have used the "R4 (M3 compatible)" one?

14. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

I got it. I patched it with the wrong patch. Thanks for your assistance.

15. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Yes, the m3 Adapter patch is for the Slot-2 M3's, the R4 patch is the way to go. :)

Edit: Oh, good then.

16. binns

binns Member

I wanna make this work....I patch the file but dont know what to do after that. I click multimedia and click the jenesisds.nds file but it says not supported....any help guys?

17. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

Don't click Multimedia, just run it like you would a normal ROM.

18. binns

binns Member

Good call....sorted now. I didnt see it in the games list cos it ends up at the bottom of the list. Such a shame that Sensible Soccer doesnt work too well,,,,ah well

19. davpo

davpo Member

Hello please can someone point me in the direction of how to get snes and backup nds games to work on r4 for the ds and what steps to take to do it thankyou