1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emulators On Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by hamisht, Jan 13, 2005.

1. hamisht

hamisht Member

Hey,

First post in this forum, yay!

Ive had a modded xbox for a while now, and have only just cleared the games on it to DVD-R via FTP.

I see on my dashboard there is an 'Emulators' option, i put in a couple of emulators into the folder via FTP, but it doesnt show up on the list. I thought if i just add my Emulators (which are unpacked in seperate folders) they would show up, am i doing somthing wrong? is there a step-by-step plan like the sticky topic on this forum?

Cheers,
    Hamish

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

In separate folders? No my friend. Make a "roms" folder in the emulator folder, and put the roms there. YOU DON'T NEED SEPARATE FOLDERS!

3. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

You can also browse a disk containing the roms and save the HD space for Xbox games that require faster loading times.

;)

4. hamisht

hamisht Member

ok, but the Emulators them selves are not appearing on the dashboard menu for 'Emulators'.

Do i have to install the emulators onto the xbox instead of transfering the files (which are already installed on my PC) to the folder?

5. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah, I have problems with the "Emulator" folder showing up too.

The best solution is to transfer each emulator individually to the "apps" section.

6. Prestonz

Prestonz Guest

alright man all you need to do is make sure they are Xbox emulators and they will work fine doing the ftp , just check to make sure they all have a .xbe file, the newer version of slayers evox comes with quite a few emulators, if you cant find it around email me, volcomboarderp@yahoo.com

7. paymenow

paymenow Guest

the name of the file that the emulator is
    has to to be named default or it wont show up on the list

8. hamisht

hamisht Member

9. Mouth_uk

Mouth_uk Regular member

Awesome URL, thanks hamisht. :)

10. hamisht

hamisht Member

thanks.

I downloaded the Playstation Emulator, but this one requires Image files, ive tried making an ISO out of Metal Slug (a PSX game i have), but i keep getting Read Errors, even on all my other games. Im using UltraISO and Qwix. Is there an Emulator that can run games straigh from CD?

but then again, I cant seem to access the CD drive through my file manager and original PSX emulator on XBOX.

Cheers again,
    Hamish

11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Why are you using Qwix to make a PSX iso?

Also, if you're going to do that, don't even make an iso. Use CDRWIN to extract bin/cue files from the disc, and then put those in a folder, and burn using Alcohol 120.

Now, copy the psx emulator files, and put them in the folder. Now, place the folder where the bin/cue files are into the folder "psxcds" in the PSX emulator. Now, make an iso of that folder using Alcohol 120, and burn it :)

12. hamisht

hamisht Member

wow thanks!

I was using Qwix because thats all i thought i would need :)

oh wait, does that mean i need to burn 2 cds to make 1 image file for the emulator?

thanks for all this help, its really great to see people helping newbies.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2005
  13. hamisht

hamisht Member

are there any guides on how to use CDRWIN ? ive installed it but cant seem to drag the 'track' down into the gap below.

14. punqewe

punqewe Active member

HERE YOU GO
    -----------

Emulator - PCSXBox.

Things you need:
    CDRWin
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

Emulator - PCSXBox.

As you'll notice is that "PCSXBox" emulator can be one of the hardest emulators to understand.

Things you need:
    CDRWin
    adaptec Aspi layer installed- If your using windows 2000 or XP
    scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin to put in the "PCSXBox" bios folder. Put one of these bios in the "bios" folder right away to get it to read the majority of Playstation images.

NOTE:Some "PCSXBOX" emulators requires either of the bios file.
    Scph1001.bin
    scph7502.bin
    So which ever one the emulator your using requires. Use it.

First You'll have to extract the playstation game into an image using CDRWin.

Getting it to work: You have to create BIN/CUE's of your PSX games and either copy them to your HArddrive or burn them to DVDR's/CD-RW's. Your ".BIN and .CUE" files should have the same names:

For Example:

GAMENAME.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is a valid combination and

GAMENAME01.BIN
    GAMENAME.CUE

is not.

Getting Started Instructions:
    CDRWIN=

1. Open CDRWin, and click the top-centre icon on the main screen
    2. Click in the "Image Filename" box, and type in the location and filename of the bin/cue files you wish to create. Make sure the RAW option is checked, then click START.
    This will now create the bin/cue files for use with PCSXbox.
    3. After it finishes creating the .cue & .bin files, open up the .cue file with notepad
    and check and see if it need to be edited. Sometimes, the filename includes the drive, in this case "D:\". Remove this part of the path/filename...

Example:
    FILE "D:\CASTLEVANIA.BIN" BINARY
    Wrong

FILE "CASTLEVAIA.BIN" BINARY
    Correct

4. Click "File" then "Save" to save the changes.
    These two files can now be FTPd to the Xbox.
    This tutorial is very basic, but should be enough to help get PCSXbox running with your ISOs.

Have fun with the psone emulator.

15. hamisht

hamisht Member

Can i ask what version of CDRWIN you have? I have a trial of Verison 5.0, and it appears to be different layout.

16. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You still need to combine the emulator with the image files right?

17. punqewe

punqewe Active member

I use CDrwin 3.9E,and yes...you will have to ftp the BIN and CUE files to the xbox into the psxcds folder. Make sure you have the bios files for the emulator as well,otherwise it won't work at all. Other than that,this tutorial will just let you know how to setup your images.

18. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

Going back to the original question
    are you trying to put your emulators in folders and adding them to your xbox via ftp?
    are you using evox?
    if so, check the evox.ini
    this is SOMETHING like it should look in the root section

Section "Launch an Emulator"
    {
    Line "- Installed Emulators -",2
    SortStart
    AutoAddItem "f:\Apps\Emulators\"
    SortEnd
    So basically you have an "Apps" folder in your f:\ partition (or g:\ or whatever you use) and inside that apps folder, create a folder called "emulators"
    if you add your emulators in folders, make sure when you open the folder youre adding, that theres a default.xbe showing
    Whenever you add an emulator then, it will show just fine.
    Some emulators dont have a roms folder, but you can make one if you want to, as there is a browse option(Xboyadvanced, xenesis etc) but emulators like mame0x, mamex , kawax, etc do, (and the roms for those emulators I just mentioned, need to remain zipped)

19. hamisht

hamisht Member

Im not really sure what Soft Mod I have, I think its UnleashX? (I have a MatrixReloaded V3 Skin) I can get into the Evolution X Dashboard.

My emulators are showing up on the list and im having a blast playing all my old NES games. The Playstation Emulator took a long night trying to extract BIN/CUE files but is now working fine.

I appreciate all the help, and hope this thread comes in handy for other newbies.

20. say4ct

say4ct Member

Hi i have an X-box moded with a 160GB Maxtor @ 7200RPM with an 8MB Cache and a Xecuter 3 Modchip and i want to get PSX games on this thing,i have already installed the emulator for PSX but i have a game (DBGT Final Bout) and i wanna put that on the X-Box but i cannot figure out the steps at all!Can someone tell me IN DETAIL what to do?Or eaven if you can email me or IM me at this address SaY4cT@hotmail.com