1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enabling HD-DVD playback on PowerDVD 8 Ultra

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by dalibor18, Aug 30, 2008.

1. dalibor18

dalibor18 Guest

I followed the guide step by step.

It failed. I received this message: The module "c:\Program Files\...\HDDVDNav.ax" was loaded but the call to DIIRegisterServer failed with error code 0*8007005.

Guide does not tell where to copy HDDVDav.ax

Is it going to NavFilter folder in PowerDVD8 NavFilter folder on C:?

Help.

2. dalibor18

dalibor18 Guest

I've been able to connet my HD-DVD X360 to notebook. It asked me for HD-DVD memeory unit software which i didn't install but I was able to open HD-DVD drive nevertheless.

Since installing HD DVD playback on PowerDVD 8 Ultra, I've installed PowerDVD 7 Deluxe on d:

Question:
    Can I use HD DVD player remote on it when connected to PC?

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Actually I kind of got annoyed by PowerDVD. I had PowerDVD 7 Ultra which played HD DVD but wouldn't play Blu-Ray so I upgraded to PowerDVD 8 Ultra and then a few months later PowerDVD Ultra 7 was upgraded to play both HD DVD and Blu-Ray which kind of P##ED me off a bit. However before that happened I discovered that one can have both PowerDVD 7 ultra and 8 installed at the same time which makes it possible to play HD DVD and Blu-Ray but if you have just PowerDVD 7 it will now play both. Deluxe versions don't cut it for me since I need all the extra surround sound features.