1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

encoding AVI to MPG for KVCD problems

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by mikepie, Dec 6, 2004.

1. mikepie

mikepie Member

Hi,
    any help would be appreciated,
    my problem/situation:

I have an AVI file that i have been editing in adobe premier 7. (very good s/w)
    I want to create a interactive KVCD

my method
    -using adobe prem, export the project as an AVI,
    -then use TMPGEnc to create the MPG file etc as in the 100% guides on this site by aldaco12.

I know there is an issue with having to repete the process to get the mp2 or is it m2p
    audio file then multiplexing it together within TMPGEnc.

The probelm is that every time i do the first encoding..i get the audio file and a blank
    m1v file.i multi plex them together to get an mpg combined file. This just seems to be black when played back in VCDeasy and all i get is the audio. am using all the lastest versions, any sugesstions

2nd I then resorted to tryed and tested methods to see if i could even get a simple VCD,

- export the adobe prem project as a vcd MPEG
    - VCDEasy (following aldaco12's guide)
    at this point i went to burn and ~ 15MB into the burning process the log come up with a buffer
    over run (or maybe under run).

I have tried altering the buffer size from 32 to the top setting within the settings in VCD Easy
    but the same error hapens each time

I then tried
    - encoding the AVI file from Adobe with TMPGEnc
    - VCDgear to create bin/cue file
    - then burnatonce as analternative but with the same result

I was burning on to a CD-RW, but have done this before with no probs
    I have P4 proceser and am running XP with as far as i know all the latest SP's

Please can any one help?!?!?!?!

2. shiroh

shiroh Guest

what is the problem actually ?

i don't think vcd/kvcd is interactive like dvd can. well i'm not totally sure...

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I think the problem is mainly you don't have a proper WAV decoder installed (yes, even WAV files have codecs!). In facts, if you do my method with Virtualdub you cannot set it at "Audio___Full Processing Mode"
    Tha simplest way I found is:

1) load the movie with WinMPG
    2) Choose 'AVI to MPG1' and go
    3) the movie will be very ugly after 10 conversions (unregistered users) but TMPGenc can load its audio and everything will be OK

otherwise you can improve your PC's codecs collection (see Windows main site)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2004