1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding files using Vegas 5.0 with DivX encoder 5.1.1 and later 5.0.4

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by _plextor_, Aug 12, 2004.

1. _plextor_

_plextor_ Member

I'm with a problem. I'm using the latest version of Sony Vegas 5.0b and DivX 5.1.1 encoder, and when i try to encoder a video using this encoder, the program give the following error message:

An error occurred while creating the media file ...
    No compatible video codec was found.

The codec is installed and registered.
    I tried first with DivX 5.0.4 then, tried with 5.1.1 and the same error. When i used 4.0 version of Vegas i could encode videos without any problems.

Thankz for the helping...

2. Steel_J

Steel_J Member

This is a common problem with Vegas Video 4.0 and 5.0.

Download and install FFDSHOW (Search with google) or go here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=53761

Download version 20040808. Install with default values.

After installation you need to go in :

Start--)Programs--)ffdshow--)VFW configuration--)Decoder--)Codec ,and choose Libavcodec for XviD and DivX.

After this you shoul be able to import the video in Vegas.

Remember that Vegas does not accept AC3 audio so if your movie as AC3 then you will only see the video in Vegas
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Refuse and resist.[/small]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2004
  3. _plextor_

_plextor_ Member

Hey Steel_J, thanks for the posting man ;), but i cant get video encoded after follow your description here. You said here in the text that after i do all the passes, that i could import video in vegas, but it isnt this point. I can import video in vegas. The problem is:

When i try to encode video using DivX encoder, vegas give that message error, but the codec is installed and registered correctly into the system. So i created a template into vegas with video encode (DivX) and audio encode (MPEG Layer III) but no success. I did the same thing that i used to do in vegas 4, but with vegas 4 i could encode with no problems, but with this newer version i cant. :(