1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding HD-DVD's

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by dalime, Feb 27, 2007.

1. dalime

dalime Member

Is there any software out there yet for encoding HD DVD's to say WMV HD??

Thanks.

2. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

I would like to know the same...and maybe a tutorial or something ?

3. Higa

Higa Member

Yes, Same here. I was able to get the Xbox 360 HD Dvd drive to work on Vista Ultimate and use AnyDVD HD to burn King Kong to the disk. But now i'm looking for an encoder that will let me transcode to WMVHD.

4. mshack1

mshack1 Guest

Been searching as well and doesn't seem to be anyway of doing so now. I'm looking at getting the HD content streamed to my 360

5. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

No. There are no tools for reencoding VC-1 in existence yet. It will come eventually, but it isn't possible yet.

6. clsmoov

clsmoov Guest

I had recently downloaded AnyDvd and Clone DVD 2 I would like to know also sence AnyDVD and AnyDvd HD are together will I be able to burn any HD Dvd's to a regular disc

7. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

Hey guys, I have a bit of a problem and I don't expect an answer back since I never get one but here it goes.

I just edited an HD movie using EVO demux 0.624b from 22.7GB to 14GB. But I need some help with some options and could not find them anywhere.

Here are some pics to help me along

When I open EVO Demux this is the file that I browse for, which is Bourne Supremacy HD DVD

[​IMG]

I then select the folder i am going to use to edit.

[​IMG]

Once I select the folder I then select the main movie which is FEATURE_1. Once I select FEATURE_1 EVO Demux automatically pick's up on the second part of the movie.

[​IMG]

Once I have selected my movie load my XPL file which fills in my editing options.

[​IMG]

Here are pics from the tabs and the options I can select or de-select

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In this tab I can edit the type of file format I want but im not sure of what to put? The original file type is mpv,mpa,sup in these boxes

[​IMG]

Should I change it to somthing else besides these original file formats?

After I make my selection of the audio and subtitles I want to loose and keep, I then select the option to demux it at the bottom left and off it goes. It usually takes about 10 to 15 minutes to recreate the files.

When I select Demux it creates the files that look like this.

[​IMG]

I can drag and drop the FEATURE_1_FEATURE_2.VC-1.stream.0 into PowerDVD 7.3 and it will play but I have no sound and I loose all my chapters so all it is, is one big movie? What am I supposed to use or do to get sound??

When I select the rebuild all I get is real bad stuttering and I can not change the audio from french,spanish or directors commentary.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

8. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

I would like to connect my 360 HD DVD player to my Windows Xp computer but everytime I connect it to the computer I get a box saying if I would like to find the software to install the HD DVD player. How can I connect the HD DVD player to my computer?

9. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@poolpro

You got to use the search function man, a quick google of "how to use setup the xbox 360 HDDVD drive for windows" brought this up....

http://uneasysilence.com/archive/2006/11/8303/

It has everything you need to get a XBox 360 HDDVD drive working with your PC.