1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Problem

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by playboy8, Apr 27, 2003.

1. playboy8

playboy8 Member

I downloaded "Fast and Furious" movie DIVX file from kazza, size of the file is 677MB and now i want to make a VCD out of it. I tried it using 2 softwares TMPGenc and Panasonic Mpeg encoder. Both the software are giving problems. Please help me out.

when using TMPEGenc it encodes the movie till 31% and than my pc hangs i tried it 4 times but the same problem comes. what could be the problem ?

when usinf panasonic mpeg encoder every thing goes well but the problem comes when less than one minute is left for encoding to complete its not a problem as i get the mpeg file but the file has some sound problem. Sound and the picture are not in same order. i mean sound comes first and than the lips move.
    So i tried remoiving sound using virtual dub and than tried it again encoding the video but the same problem comes.
    I changed some setting in my Panasonic Encoder "Video-3000kbps,Audio-192kbps,VBV Buffer Size-266" all other settings are the same.

When i complete the encodin the Mpeg file is of 2.4 gb and for that i have to use 4 cds what if i make SVCD how many cd will i require and i have DVD player will i be abel to play SVCD in that ??

2. Shoey

Shoey Guest