1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Encoding Slowdown

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Bolitar, Aug 29, 2004.

1. Bolitar

Bolitar Guest

This is a follow up to a previous post.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/97985

In short, I have recently experienced a big slowdown in my encoding speeds from around 30-40 mins to 2-9hrs!!

Following earlier advice I have updated my firmware (1.0A), installed a new ASPI layer (ForceASPI 1.8),and confirmed that the DMA is functioning.
    Unfortunately, there has been no improvement.

I`m at desperation stage now and wonder if anyone has any other ideas. I`m wondering whether there could be a problem with the the writer (hardware).

I`m not sure whether this has any relevance but the speed (or lack of) seems dependant on the amount of compression. A movie not requiring compression might take 1.5 to 2 hrs, whereas a movie compressed to 70% could take 8-9 hrs. Does this mean anything?

Any help would be appreciated. A new burner or a trip to the PC repair shop seem to be my next options.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Here is some really good advice.

[bold]Follow up in your previous post[/bold] Don't start a new thread. When you do (start a new thread), you'll end up getting the same advice twice.